Chameleons and Smart Meters

BryanP

Avid Member
Hey everyone! Sorry for the long post but I think this is important because I want to share this info. (TL;DR at the end)

I have not posted in awhile but I thought I would drop by to tell you guys a little bit of a cautionary tale.

I’ve had my chameleon for over a year and I got him as a 3 month old baby. I grew him up in a cage for about a year before I moved into a different house. The first year was great! He was strong, active, and would hunt all day for crickets and other bugs I would add. For some more details, the lighting is Zoomed 5.0 UVB and LED combo hood, with a 75 basking bulb and the Mist king misting system.

Then came the move! Day 0

My wife and I sold our starter home and moved on up to a larger single family home. Choosing a house that had a good spot for the chameleon was always 1 thing we looked for but not THE thing we looked for. We had a good spot, and moved in. We moved from a more coastal area to a more inland area. Drier and warmer temps were expected and I adjusted the misting to accommodate that and let the foliage grow a little more to keep the heat back.

After the move he was never the same. After Month 1

The first week I immediately noticed he seemed more stressed. I chocked that up to the move, having to have him packed in a critter carrier for a few hours while we moved and set up his cage in his new home. However he continued to decline. I started to notice that more and more crickets were being left in the cage over night and their population kept growing. I Stopped adding crickets and then noticed they were dyeing instead of being eaten. I went from free feeding to cup feeding to start to monitor the food.

One day I decided to stop and look at what he was doing when he ate. He would go over to the cup and try to eat. His eyes would lock in and he would open his mouth to shoot his tongue and he would miss… every time. It slowly went from missing, to not even shooting his tongue. I read up, added more misting throughout the day and hoped for the best while I was hand feeding with tweezers.

Now he is starting to get visibly thin. Month 4

I noticed that he was starting to loose a lot of weight and since he was still not eating I was getting worried. I took him to the vet and they could not find anything wrong. They thought he was thin but because he was feisty and not showing signs of anything like MBD there was not much we agreed that we wanted to do. I was going to try to get a fecal done but could not ever get a fresh sample. I continued to give him food via the tweezers but it was getting harder and harder to get him to eat.

Then came the mini move! Month 5

We did some remodeling and moved his cage across the room. A wall came down and as a result we moved him across the room to his new home. To this date he was only declining in health. Eyes closed most day, not moving, sleeping, lost lots of weight… I felt terrible… on 3 separate occasions I thought about taking him in to be put down just to ease the pain I could see he was in.

Looking better? Month 6

After the 1st week in his new corner he was already more active. I saw him drinking, moving, and he would immediately lock eyes on his food when I would try to feed by hand. At one point he actually shot his tongue!!! I went back to the cup and he would start to go over and actually start to eat on his own.

So what changed!?

Well, his new corner is across the room… that's it… but guess what was on the other side of the wall from his old corner in the new house… The Edison Smart Meter! Call me crazy, call me a tin foil hat wearing crazy person, but for 6 months he was less than 1 foot from the largest source of EMR in anyone’s house. Since I have moved him he is gaining weight and is more active. He is not nearly 100% because I still have to hand feed him a lot but he is eating and way more active. I know that correlation does not imply causation but Radio frequency radiation is real thing. I am watching him very closely but I hope I’m not too late.

TL;DR

Make sure you chameleon is not near any source of EMF and/or your smart meter is not on the wall adjacent to you chameleon…. Or yourself!

Last edited:
So what changed!?

Well, the new home is across the room… that its… but guess what was on the other side of the wall from his old corner in the new house… The Edison Smart Meter! Call me crazy, call me a tin foil hat wearing crazy person, but for 6 months he was less than 1 foot from the largest source of EMR in anyone’s house. Since I have moved him he is gaining weight and is more active. He is not nearly 100% because I still have to hand feed him a lot but he is eating and way more active. I know that correlation does not imply causation but Radio frequency radiation is real thing. I am watching him very closely but I hope I’m not too late.

TL;DR

Make sure you chameleon is not near any source of EMF and/or your smart meter is not on the wall adjacent to you chameleon…. Or yourself!
Interesting theory. That's a good observation. I wonder if any one else has observed anything like this?
I do want to call you a tin foil hat wearing crazy person but that would be just for fun.:D

Last edited:
You won't be the first and I'm sure not the last!

I really feel like I cooked him. there seems to be no other explanation for what I'm seeing.

I know they are starting to blame the bee collapse on Wi-Fi and cell phone radiation and that's all those smart meters are. I'm going to conduct an experiment with some seeds to see what effects the emf has on those

As a big fan of ghost hunters one thing they often go off about is the effects that emf can have on humans like hallucinations, nausea, and vertigo. I wouldn't be surprised if emf can effect animals as well.

Back
Top Bottom