Chameleon won't eat, looks weak.

ilikechlorophyll

It's pretty self-explanatory, but he won't eat and he looks in very bad condition. Today we found him out the bottom of his cage, and he was on his side so we could tell he fell. Taking him to the vet tomorrow (all doctors left already, so we have to wait). We tried feeding him a superworm but he wouldn't eat it. Send help

In order to get a better idea of what happened to him could you please fill out this form with as much detail as possible so we can get an idea of how he came to this stage? Please include pictures of your enclosure and chameleon... I really hope he feels better! Tell us what the vet says!

Chameleon Info:
  • Your Chameleon - The species, sex, and age of your chameleon. How long has it been in your care?
  • Handling - How often do you handle your chameleon?
  • Feeding - What are you feeding your cham? What amount? What is the schedule? How are you gut-loading your feeders?
  • Supplements - What brand and type of calcium and vitamin products are you dusting your feeders with and what is the schedule?
  • Watering - What kind of watering technique do you use? How often and how long to you mist? Do you see your chameleon drinking?
  • Fecal Description - Briefly note colors and consistency from recent droppings. Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites?
  • History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to help you.

Cage Info:
  • Cage Type - Describe your cage (Glass, Screen, Combo?) What are the dimensions?
  • Lighting - What brand, model, and types of lighting are you using? What is your daily lighting schedule?
  • Temperature - What temp range have you created (cage floor to basking spot)? Lowest overnight temp? How do you measure these temps?
  • Humidity - What are your humidity levels? How are you creating and maintaining these levels? What do you use to measure humidity?
  • Plants - Are you using live plants? If so, what kind?
  • Placement - Where is your cage located? Is it near any fans, air vents, or high traffic areas? At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor?
  • Location - Where are you geographically located?

Current Problem - The current problem you are concerned about.

I'm sorry to hear he's taking a turn for the worst. All you can do at this point without veterinary care is keep him warm and drip a bit of water to see if he will drink. Make a hammock in his cage he can rest on without falling. He really needs supportive care at a vet. hospital. I hope they are able to help him in time.

Just pulled up the form on your last post, I'm sorry to hear he's taking a bad turn... Did you fix any of the suggestions given to you in the last post? If so then could you fill out an updated form?

@JacksJill @Thehippie Just wanted to let you guys know that he died, the guy we got him from obviously didn't keep him in right conditions (he said 92 degrees for basking). I wonder if things would've worked out if the doctors were still there. thank you guys for your help. sorry for posting this late but i was really sad. We are thinking about gettig a new chameleon (we'll be waiting awhile though) maybe being an Outstalet's. Wish me luck.

@JacksJill @Thehippie Just wanted to let you guys know that he died, the guy we got him from obviously didn't keep him in right conditions (he said 92 degrees for basking). I wonder if things would've worked out if the doctors were still there. thank you guys for your help. sorry for posting this late but i was really sad. We are thinking about gettig a new chameleon (we'll be waiting awhile though) maybe being an Outstalet's. Wish me luck.
so sorry to hear, I would love it if you kept chasing the hobby though, chameleons are amazing companions and with the right care and environment they can thrive, I'm glad I could be of help to you and I really do hope u continue to learn and grow with the community!

Back
Top Bottom