Chameleon won’t eat and is not active

Welcome on here! Could you fill out this form in as much detail as possible (including pics of her, her entire enclosure, and her lights), please? Do you have an exotics vet with good chameleon experience near you?

Here is some recommended information to include when asking for help in the health clinic forum. By providing this information you will receive more accurate and beneficial responses. It might not be necessary to answer all these questions, but the more you provide the better. Please remember that even the most knowledgeable person can only guess at what your problem may be. Only an experienced reptile veterinarian who can directly examine your animal can give a true diagnosis of your chameleon's health.

Chameleon Info:
  • Your Chameleon - The species, sex, and age of your chameleon. How long has it been in your care?
  • Handling - How often do you handle your chameleon?
  • Feeding - What are you feeding your cham? What amount? What is the schedule? How are you gut-loading your feeders?
  • Supplements - What brand and type of calcium and vitamin products are you dusting your feeders with and what is the schedule?
  • Watering - What kind of watering technique do you use? How often and how long to you mist? Do you see your chameleon drinking?
  • Fecal Description - Briefly note colors and consistency from recent droppings. Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites?
  • History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to help you.

Cage Info:
  • Cage Type - Describe your cage (Glass, Screen, Combo?) What are the dimensions?
  • Lighting - What brand, model, and types of lighting are you using? What is your daily lighting schedule?
  • Temperature - What temp range have you created (cage floor to basking spot)? Lowest overnight temp? How do you measure these temps?
  • Humidity - What are your humidity levels? How are you creating and maintaining these levels? What do you use to measure humidity?
  • Plants - Are you using live plants? If so, what kind?
  • Placement - Where is your cage located? Is it near any fans, air vents, or high traffic areas? At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor?
  • Location - Where are you geographically located?

Current Problem - The current problem you are concerned about.

--------------

Please Note:
  1. The more details you provide the better and more accurate help you will receive.
  2. Photos can be very helpful.

Baby panther chameleon, 3 months, 4 weeks

2 times awake for a check up

I feed my chameleon 10 micro crickets a day and I gut load them with carrots black berries
Welcome on here! Could you fill out this form in as much detail as possible (including pics of her, her entire enclosure, and her lights), please? Do you have an exotics vet with good chameleon experience near you?

Here is some recommended information to include when asking for help in the health clinic forum. By providing this information you will receive more accurate and beneficial responses. It might not be necessary to answer all these questions, but the more you provide the better. Please remember that even the most knowledgeable person can only guess at what your problem may be. Only an experienced reptile veterinarian who can directly examine your animal can give a true diagnosis of your chameleon's health.

Chameleon Info:
  • Your Chameleon - The species, sex, and age of your chameleon. How long has it been in your care?
  • Handling - How often do you handle your chameleon?
  • Feeding - What are you feeding your cham? What amount? What is the schedule? How are you gut-loading your feeders?
  • Supplements - What brand and type of calcium and vitamin products are you dusting your feeders with and what is the schedule?
  • Watering - What kind of watering technique do you use? How often and how long to you mist? Do you see your chameleon drinking?
  • Fecal Description - Briefly note colors and consistency from recent droppings. Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites?
  • History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to help you.

Cage Info:
  • Cage Type - Describe your cage (Glass, Screen, Combo?) What are the dimensions?
  • Lighting - What brand, model, and types of lighting are you using? What is your daily lighting schedule?
  • Temperature - What temp range have you created (cage floor to basking spot)? Lowest overnight temp? How do you measure these temps?
  • Humidity - What are your humidity levels? How are you creating and maintaining these levels? What do you use to measure humidity?
  • Plants - Are you using live plants? If so, what kind?
  • Placement - Where is your cage located? Is it near any fans, air vents, or high traffic areas? At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor?
  • Location - Where are you geographically located?

Current Problem - The current problem you are concerned about.

--------------

Please Note:
  1. The more details you provide the better and more accurate help you will receive.
  2. Photos can be very helpful.
  • Your Chameleon - Panther Chameleon, sex female , About 3 months. Has been in my care for 3 weeks.
  • Handling - 3times a week for a check up and to let him climb around for about 15 minutes.
  • Feeding -She was eating 10 micro crickets and a few wax worms but he’s stopped eating.
  • Supplements - I use flukers calcium I just put some of it on the crickets
  • Watering - I don’t use a dropper I just mist her cage for 60 seconds 3 times a day.
  • Fecal Description - her feces look normal but she’s not active and not eating
  • History -she has been really good for 2 months but suddenly she became less active and was not eating.

• Cage Info:

• Cage Type - screen cage 18"L X 18"W X 24"H
  • Lighting - 75 Watt Basking light and 10.0 UVB florescent bulb, 12 hour cycles, they go on at 8pm and off about 8pm.
  • Temperature - usually 80-85 in the day time and night time is usually 60-70
  • Humidity - humidity is usually 75-80
  • Plants - there’s a money tree and a ficus plant and 1 large vine also some mossy vines
  • Placement - cage is in my room with my door open always so the airflow is good we don’t have ac but we do have a vent that’s suck out old air and brings in new air
  • Location - California San Diego
Current Problem - won’t eat, barley active, and closing eyes in day time.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    116.2 KB · Views: 98
Baby panther chameleon, 3 months, 4 weeks

2 times awake for a check up

I feed my chameleon 10 micro crickets a day and I gut load them with carrots black berries

• Your Chameleon - Panther Chameleon, sex female , About 3 months. Has been in my care for 3 weeks.
  • Handling - 3times a week for a check up and to let him climb around for about 15 minutes.
  • Feeding -She was eating 10 micro crickets and a few wax worms but he’s stopped eating.
  • Supplements - I use flukers calcium I just put some of it on the crickets
  • Watering - I don’t use a dropper I just mist her cage for 60 seconds 3 times a day.
  • History -she has been really good for 2 months but suddenly she became less active and was not eating.

• Cage Info:

• Cage Type - screen cage 18"L X 18"W X 24"H
  • Lighting - 75 Watt Basking light and 10.0 UVB florescent bulb, 12 hour cycles, they go on at 8pm and off about 8pm.
  • Temperature - usually 80-85 in the day time and night time is usually 60-70
  • Humidity - humidity is usually 75-80
  • Plants - there’s a money tree and a ficus plant and 1 large vine also some mossy vines
  • Placement - cage is in my room with my door open always so the airflow is good we don’t have ac but we do have a vent that’s suck out old air and brings in new air
Current Problem - won’t eat, barley active, and closing eyes in day time.
Looks very thin, are you sure she's been eating, have you seen her eat or just put the crickets in and not observed any feeding? If she has been eating you should get a fecal done anyway but I think a vet visit is worthwhile considering you can see her spine quite clearly.

@Bubblestheousaletchameleo Can you please take pictures of the entire enclosure including the lighting and post a few more pics of the cham? 10 a day for a baby is not enough but something else is going on here.

• Your Chameleon - Panther Chameleon, sex female , About 3 months. Has been in my care for 3 weeks. Where did you get it from?
  • Feeding -She was eating 10 micro crickets and a few wax worms but he’s stopped eating. This really is not enough food for a baby. They should get as much as they want at this age.
  • Supplements - I use flukers calcium I just put some of it on the crickets Please post a pic of this. I need to see which formula it is.
  • Watering - I don’t use a dropper I just mist her cage for 60 seconds 3 times a day. This is not enough time to drink. They need a good 2-5 minutes which is why using a dripper is helpful.
  • History -she has been really good for 2 months but suddenly she became less active and was not eating. Ok so how long have you actually had this chameleon. Above you said 3 weeks?

• Cage Info:

• Cage Type - screen cage 18"L X 18"W X 24"H This is too small. need to upgrade to a 2x2x4ft cage.
  • Lighting - 75 Watt Basking light and 10.0 UVB florescent bulb, 12 hour cycles, they go on at 8pm and off about 8pm. IS the UVB a screw in bulb? If so this is part of the issue. What color is the basking light?
  • Temperature - usually 80-85 in the day time and night time is usually 60-70 Too hot for a female. Should be no hotter then 78-80 max at basking for a female.
  • Humidity - humidity is usually 75-80 This is very high. Should be 50-60% during the day. What type of gauge are you using to measure your levels?
  • Plants - there’s a money tree and a ficus plant and 1 large vine also some mossy vines. Mossy vines need to go. These are an impaction risk as panthers will chew on their branches. Also they do not dry out and can grow bacteria. Fluckers vines are the only fake ones I would recommend.
Current Problem - won’t eat, barley active, and closing eyes in day time. Please answer the questions I asked above in bold and provide the pics I asked for. Most commonly this is linked to incorrect UVB, Supplementation, and or enclosure is set up incorrectly. All of these are signs of decline. Which in chams means decline to death so we need to get the issues corrected asap.

Back
Top Bottom