Chameleon unwell....advice?

We also have a number of forum members that sell a variety of feeder insects that are healthy and well cared for, plus you're supporting fellow keepers and their families :)

They are usually alot more Sane as well. Some of these bugs are pretty absurdly priced. Like Roaches.

James has some Hissers listed right now, 100 for 50 dollars. That's 50 cents a roach. Go to roach crossing and those same roaches are 15 dollars EACH......

Honestly I think some of these bugs breeder sites are printing money. Raising roaches is easy, and food required is cheap. They have to be making more money than most the Cham breeders easily.

They are usually alot more Sane as well. Some of these bugs are pretty absurdly priced. Like Roaches.

James has some Hissers listed right now, 100 for 50 dollars. That's 50 cents a roach. Go to roach crossing and those same roaches are 15 dollars EACH......

Honestly I think some of these bugs breeder sites are printing money. Raising roaches is easy, and food required is cheap. They have to be making more money than most the Cham breeders easily.
I'm getting hissers from James! Hes got the best bugs in the biz!

So removed the waterfall , and her bottom log that she likes to sit on to eat her bugs...she moved about a little today which was good to see.
Out of sheer luck , my husband bought a portable swamp cooler for our house yesterday and it has a humidifier setting. We ran that all night with her fogger and kept the humidity at about 80%.
I ordered in some different worms based on recommendations, should be here in two days.
I managed to find a vet that is closer than the next state over...so I’ll get her in tomorrow morning.
So, fingers crossed... I’ll let you guys know what they thought...
Thanks again to everyone. You’ve all been great!

So removed the waterfall , and her bottom log that she likes to sit on to eat her bugs...she moved about a little today which was good to see.
Out of sheer luck , my husband bought a portable swamp cooler for our house yesterday and it has a humidifier setting. We ran that all night with her fogger and kept the humidity at about 80%.
I ordered in some different worms based on recommendations, should be here in two days.
I managed to find a vet that is closer than the next state over...so I’ll get her in tomorrow morning.
So, fingers crossed... I’ll let you guys know what they thought...
Thanks again to everyone. You’ve all been great!
Thanks for the update, I was wondering how she was doing today! Please let us know how your vet visit goes tomorrow.

I'm in Colorado so super dry here as well so I understand the humidity struggle! I do run my fogger overnight because if I don't, humidity goes down to 20% when it's supposed to be 80-100% overnight (I have a panther chameleon.) But I'm not sure about your situation. Usually fogging doesn't lower temperature more than just a few degrees so I'm not sure why that's happening in your case. I'm not sure if you should keep fogging or not right now, I'm hoping more experienced people chime in with a recommendation. I hope you are able to get her to a good vet soon.
Imagine being here In Tucson Az
So dry here, my lips look like the Grand Canyon.... I mist 4 times a day 3 mins each sesh..... It’s still not enough I think.

Do you have an overnight lip mask? I would 100% suggest that. It's just a really thick balm that you put on overnight
I'm gonna weigh in on this lip heath thread b/c ya girl has had cracked lips too many times.

Exfoliate, lip mask, and a chapstick with honey in it. Get them lips in tip top shape. No coconut oil anything if your in a dryer climate. Olive oil is your friend.

Thanks for the update, I was wondering how she was doing today! Please let us know how your vet visit goes tomorrow.
Will do! Her apt. Is later in the afternoon, but they said I could just come in if I felt it necessary...as I have a doc apt of my own at noon...and with 1.5 hrs to drive to get her to vet, I’m just gonna be there when they open ...
ugh...I just wanna get her there. And my job keeps getting in the way.
Anyway...will post! Thanks guys!

*Update.... just back from the vet. Daisy is constipated with RI. They gave us anti-inflammatory, antibiotic and something to help her poo.

Anyone have a good at home remedy for constipation in your baby? Would love to hear it!

So...will do a follow up visit on Monday. She is still a sick lil girl but now we know and have a plan!

Thanks again all!

*Update.... just back from the vet. Daisy is constipated with RI. They gave us anti-inflammatory, antibiotic and something to help her poo.

Anyone have a good at home remedy for constipation in your baby? Would love to hear it!

So...will do a follow up visit on Monday. She is still a sick lil girl but now we know and have a plan!

Thanks again all!
We need more people like you, you’re about it... Thanks for update, can’t wait for your lil girl’s recovery

Thanks again all!
Oh, so happy you were able to take her in this morning! And glad you have a plan, I hope she gets better real fast.

I know for humans magnesium works well but not sure for chams. I have not had experience with this issue. Maybe someone can confirm... :confused:

I would focus on hydration, don’t overwhelm her system trying to make her regular because the antibiotics are really hard on her gut as it is. You don’t want her to get diarrhea or get dehydrated. Beyond what you have to give her I had luck giving mine a hand syringe feed mixing some carnivore care or repashy grub pie with plenty of water so he had some nutrition aside from the antibiotic... but you must be careful to get a syringe with good control and feed little at a time with the nozzle at the back of the throat.

Back
Top Bottom