Chameleon tries to eat owners eye...

Im always nervous about this, as well as earrings. Especially with Clarice as she shoots before she really looks... she’s shot my fingers many times getting overly excited about food.

I agree!! their tongue is so sensitive and vital to their survival, a tug on it from a human could do serious damage!! Mine shot at my hand yesterday, scared me.... wandering why his aim is so off, I watched him for a while to make sure he's ok, I guess they are just chameleons and shoot their tongue at shiny moving stuff and painted fingernails lol..

Last edited:
Did she just tossed him? I mean I know when Uncle Castroo is about to shoot his tongue.... And at what. He usually fixates his look to it with both eyes.

I agree!! their tongue is so sensitive and vital to their survival, a tug on it from a human could do serious damage!! Mine shot at my hand yesterday, scared me.... wandering why his aim is so off, I watched him for a while to make sure he's ok, I guess they are just chameleons and shoot their tongue at shiny moving stuff and painted fingernails lol..
Do you find they shoot at your nails more often when you paint them a certain color vs others?

Do you find they shoot at your nails more often when you paint them a certain color vs others?

Mona tried to shoot at orange / red nails. Not blues, greys that I've noticed. She is very sensitive to new arm tattoos -- she wouldn't eat from my hand for like two weeks after I got my moth wrapped around my wrist.

Mona tried to shoot at orange / red nails. Not blues, greys that I've noticed. She is very sensitive to new arm tattoos -- she wouldn't eat from my hand for like two weeks after I got my moth wrapped around my wrist.
Yeah I was really just curious what color Salty was painting his nails to get that reaction....

i think chameleon attaking the eyes is really common.. like basic fighting instinct. Ive seen this very often with my melleri, when my male anoying a female she literally target the eyes (major part of a chameleon brain = the eyes so its a super important advantage toward the ennemi if he is blinded!)

Back
Top Bottom