Chameleon trade...

I have gone through that first document more than a couple times. That document is outdated now, especially with multiple new quotas and bans in most of the main export countries. That is a good glimpse to how an unregulated trade in species looked. Those days were out of control!

Best Regards
Jeremy A. Rich

The way trade infrastructure is arranged now with the CITES and IUCN establishments. The chameleon export trade I think is much more sustainable, stable (for wild chameleon population), and when done appropriately going to thrive with regard to herp keepers and wild chameleons populations in the future.

Best Regards
Jeremy A. Rich

I think it's somewhat more stable now...but the treatment of the chameleon's once captured still needs improvement IMHO.

I think it's somewhat more stable now...but the treatment of the chameleon's once captured still needs improvement IMHO.
That is an agenda CITES addresses with and in the future can make more of an issue. Proper export and shipping is something that is a topic that CITES regularly address with other wildlife issues. Thing regarding that topic have improved greatly from now (modern past two decades) when associated to the days of when the numbers were collected for the document posted above.

I am listed an CITES email list and receive an updated of decisions of CITES agenda's made a CITES meeting.

Best Regards
Jeremy A. Rich

Back
Top Bottom