Chameleon tracking

LizardWizard

Hi

This might sound a bit stupid but my friend took her Veiled Chameleon outside & now it's disappeared, another friend said that she should have put a tracker on it, similar I guess to a dog (can you get chameleons microchipped?) but she said you can get little medallion things now. I said I didn't think it would be possible to get one for a Cham so was wondering if anyone on here could settle the argument - is it possible to get a tracker for a chameleon?

Also if anyone has any tips on how to find lost chameleon, is it just a case of searching the garden and hoping for the best?

Thirdly any tips on how to take them outside safely would be great - should they always go out in a cage?

Thanks in advance!

Chameleons are usually too delicate for surgery. Just try to look in trees and high places. It's best to designate a plant for them to hang out in.

Hi, I'm sorry about your friends chameleon. They can't get themesleves really far if you let them. I hope you guys find him.

Secondly I don't don't think you can microchip a chameleon.

Thirdly, some people have/built outside enclosure to put their chameleon in when they're outside. Some people let them free range but they always keep a close eye on them. There's two plants I put my chameleon on to start and I watch him go from plant to plant and follow him if he decides to roam the yard or leave it. I never leave him unattended.

Hi, I'm sorry about your friends chameleon. They can't get themesleves really far if you let them. I hope you guys find him.

Secondly I don't don't think you can microchip a chameleon.

Thirdly, some people have/built outside enclosure to put their chameleon in when they're outside. Some people let them free range but they always keep a close eye on them. There's two plants I put my chameleon on to start and I watch him go from plant to plant and follow him if he decides to roam the yard or leave it. I never leave him unattended.
Thanks that's great, so if you just put them on a plant they tend to just stay in the same area?

Thanks that's great, so if you just put them on a plant they tend to just stay in the same area?

Depends on your chameleon. Some just hangout on a plant or two, but I have a real active boy so he tends to get out of his plants and travel down the drive way....or anywhere really. He fears nothing but cats, blue trash trucks, strangers (depending), and kids in red. He's a weirdo.

A microchip!won't help anyone find the chameleon...it's only good for identifying it once it's found. The OP is referring Toma tracker...sort of like a GPS locator. You put it on the animal and you can find it within a certain range....trouble is they are generally too big for a chameleon...at least all the ones I've seen advertised are.

Example...
http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product...VT0sNCh1pLAyVEAQYAiABEgJXifD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

Back
Top Bottom