Chameleon-Tour in Madagascar

Mario

Established Member
Chameleon Tour 2009

This Expedition is dedicated to the most multicolored reptiles of the world. Along the circulation area of the Panther Chameleons our route leads us in the North of the island, and in the connection into the vanilla provinces of Antalaha and Sambava. Many differently landscapes coin/shape the character of our Tour. From drying forests, over needle stone mountains into the rain forests of the north this unusual journey leads us.

1.Antananarivo-Ankarafantsika
From the capital Tana out we drive our first destination toward the north… are the Nationalpark of Ankarafantsika. In this drying forest many animals are to be found. Admits is this national park for its abundance at endemic birds, which let themselves be observed easily at the Lac Ravelobe. In these forests we hope to meet the rare Rhino-Chameleon, like also that Interesting Lemurs those here is resident. The Sifakas leaves itself with ease in sews our Camps to observe.

2.Ankarafantsika-Ambanja-Ankarana
From Ankarafantsika we continue to drive toward the north. This section is incalculable, and promises beside the interesting landscapes a maximum of adventures. Arrived at Ambanja, we will use something time in order to observe the Pantherchameleons. From here it continues to go into the Tsingys from Ankarana. On the Program a visit „of the cave of the Antakarana stands “like also a visit of the Tsingys themselves. On our Excursion we will be able to observe some interesting animals.

3.Ankarana-Montagne de Ambre Ambilobe
From the Tsingys of Ankarana it goes into the Rainforest of the Amber Mountain. Here we build our Camp open in the midst of the Rainforest. On our migrations we hope many animals u meet. To the stay in the Rainforests, we drive to Ambilobe, in order the Panther-Chameleons occurring here, the surname „for Picasso “carry more exactly in inspection to take.

4.Ambilobe-Vohemar-Sambava-Antalaha
From Ambilobe starts our next stage, which leads us across a fastidious off Road passage to the northeast coast of Madagascar. Here we can push our bones into your origin position back, before we continue to drive to Sambava. In Sambava we can on a migration into the close-convenient environment observe different Chameleons like also the quirligen Phelsumas. From Sambava it goes far into the vanilla capital Antalaha. Here our guests at the beach, or observe on a daily trip can relax further Chamäleons, before it goes back into the capital Tana.

Those villages and destinations are very
well known by experts of that Reptiles.
Even for them this expedition will have
some surprises and many insights.
Although this tour seems to be very far away
from its starting time we advise you
to register as early as possible !!!

Destinations:
-Ankarafantsika/ NP
-Ankaramy
-Ambanja
-Ambilobe
-Ankarana NP
-Diego Suarez
-Joeffreville
-Montagne de Ambre/ NP
-Vohemar
-Andape/ NP
-Sambava
-Antalaha
-Cap Est/ NP

Travel-Date: 22 March 2009 – 11st April 2009
Participants: 8-15 persons
Guide: Tanala, Patrick

Cost: 2000,-€ (without Airfairs)

In the travel price contained achievements:

- Transportation via car boat ferry on Madagascar (no flights! )
- all overnight accomodation during the route
(hotel, Bungalows, Lodges in accordance with data)
- all admission fees for planned destinations and national park
- Tourguides during the complete Tour
- Driver, vehicles inclusive. Fuel
- Harbour dues
- Local Forest Guides in Nationalparcs

Note:
We would like to point out that Journeys in Madagascar with the travel to America or Europe cannot be compared. By influences of the weather (rains or Cyklone) whole regions under water can be destroyed be set, bridges, and be made impossible the execution of a route in the original variant. In this case we will suggest an equivalent alternative route.

Attachments

• Banner-werbungforum.jpg
    Banner-werbungforum.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 159
In around 70 days, i will be also on this tour to see much chameleons and other reptiles!
Last year we see so much animals, so that i had desides to go back this year!

Hi Kurt,
its good that you go again with us on Tour... did you do Science like last Year?
I hope we see again new Animals on our Tour

Attachments

• cham-tour2009.jpg
    cham-tour2009.jpg
    238.7 KB · Views: 166
Hallo mario 2.5 month and i go also on youre tour! i hope to see alot nieuwe chameons specis and other animals...

and i hope that we have a nice groupe!

Mark

Back
Top Bottom