Chameleon took over my life.

swick

3 months ago I told my husband I wanted a chameleon, and I started my research, learned what I needed to keep one, and picked a breeder. Now I have had my panther 1 month and a new baby veiled a few days. I love them. Every time my husband and I go into ANY store we look to see if there is anything for the chameleon, we make special trips to garden stores to look for more or better or on sale plants for them. I knew when I ordered my panther he would require a good amount of attention, which I don't mind at all, but I didn't know I would become so obsessed with them, but them people have told me for years that I am 'weird' about my dogs. We have rearranged parts of the house so the chams are in the best spot for them. If I am out of the house I call someone in the house to tell me cage temps and humidity. Today my baby veiled was climbing my crochet project, so I think tomorrow I will crochet him something to climb and play on for free range fun. So In short chameleons have taken over my life here, and I didn't expect it, but do enjoy it... And of course I want another... But I know at this point 2 are enough for me, unless we get a bigger house, lol.
Sarah
1.0 Nosy Be, 1.0 Veiled

Haha, they are excellent time consumers.

Pretty soon, once your chams are large enough, you will be able to go around the world catching more and more! You can also meet gym leaders that will battle with you for gym badges and such...eventually you can face the final four in a cool arena battle.

At leasts thats what I dreamt about last night after my wife found her stuffed pokemon collection in storage.

They will enter your dreams!

Man I know the feeling. I feel like every store I go into I have to by something just to make there life a little better. I go to Lowes everyday picking up something I need for a project I am working on for them. My wife and I are dog nuts too so I just have to go overboard on all my pets.

I am right there with you. I am sure my boyfriend didnt realize that buying me the chameleon I always wanted would lead to a room specifically for them, another chameleon, free ranges, breeding of silk worms, horn worms, roaches raising of mantids, crickets, snails, isopods an so it goes, on and on.

Yup, totally know that feeling. I got my first cham last april and now I have 8 :eek:! We turned my study/office into a chameleon room. My husband was against having free ranges but now he wants to build one lol. I go hiking and I try to find perches that are good for them haha.

3 months ago I told my husband I wanted a chameleon, and I started my research, learned what I needed to keep one, and picked a breeder. Now I have had my panther 1 month and a new baby veiled a few days. I love them. Every time my husband and I go into ANY store we look to see if there is anything for the chameleon, we make special trips to garden stores to look for more or better or on sale plants for them. I knew when I ordered my panther he would require a good amount of attention, which I don't mind at all, but I didn't know I would become so obsessed with them, but them people have told me for years that I am 'weird' about my dogs. We have rearranged parts of the house so the chams are in the best spot for them. If I am out of the house I call someone in the house to tell me cage temps and humidity. Today my baby veiled was climbing my crochet project, so I think tomorrow I will crochet him something to climb and play on for free range fun. So In short chameleons have taken over my life here, and I didn't expect it, but do enjoy it... And of course I want another... But I know at this point 2 are enough for me, unless we get a bigger house, lol.
Sarah
1.0 Nosy Be, 1.0 Veiled
I have 3 Chams, The very first thing I do each morning is go check on them. ( cover their cage at night with a sheet of fabric ) My son (7) and I watch videos every day. There is not one day that goes by without taking pictures of my babies. Yes I love them.

Back
Top Bottom