Chameleon Taxidermy

I've seen it done, I'd want it done with Bobo, though it's expensive. They're supposed to be brightest postmortem. You can also get their bones arranged in a position you like that looks like them.

Thank goodness there were sensible replies so I can get this out if my system:

No, chameleons are notoriously unreliable as taxidermists, their end results are always appalling.

Thank goodness there were sensible replies so I can get this out if my system:

No, chameleons are notoriously unreliable as taxidermists, their end results are always appalling.

ROFL!! That'll be because they have mittens and not hands! They don't have opposable thumbs either, therefore their fine motor skills are not the best! :D

Seriously though, I have lost 3 chameleons and none of them looked like 'them' any more after death. I like to remember the good times when they looked their best. I would find it too upsetting looking at their bodies every day.:(

ROFL!! That'll be because they have mittens and not hands! They don't have opposable thumbs either, therefore their fine motor skills are not the best! :D

Seriously though, I have lost 3 chameleons and none of them looked like 'them' any more after death. I like to remember the good times when they looked their best. I would find it too upsetting looking at their bodies every day.:(

well i guess you could get it done like fish!!!! with fish you have the taxidermist see a picture of the fish and they make it out of fiberglass and it looks really colorful im pretty sure that they could do the same with a cham;):D:D

Interesting topic, glad no-one sent me hate mail calling me a weirdo or something lol
Just think it would be cool to have a Veiled skeleton wrapped around a plant or something.

I imagine that to do it correctly, you could do it like they do it with rattlesnakes... I just figure the people who try it should do it somewhat similar like they do with the snakes.

Here is a picture I found on Google, as I do not have one myself:

Attachments

• s.jpg
    s.jpg
    8 KB · Views: 259
Mounting a skeleton would be much neater looking than the actual skin. None of mine have died and looked like themselves (as Tiff said.) none have died bright either. Mine usually get dark and/or patchy with weird colors.

There is someone on faunaclassifieds who asks for the bodies of perished reptiles to study/mount. He will mount one for you, but it costs quite a bit. I was going to have my favorite male's skeleton mounted, but the price was too much for me.

Back
Top Bottom