Chameleon tail curled at the end???

Okay I’ll for sure starting working on everything! He lets me take him out and it’s usually for about an hour a day, he only goes outside during the summer and it’s usually for about 30 mins. once a week maybe since I work and also have to do constant supervision. His doctor has 25 years of experience and specializes in exotics, he always does x-rays and parasite checks. I take Nolan every 3-4 months for check ups. Due to covid his last visit was in September so it’s a bit overdue but we will be at the doctors on Monday. His grip seems to be completely fine and he climbs just fine, it’s just the tail being angled and not curling that seems to be the issue. I think he can see his reflection possibly, and we cleaned the plants by rinsing them and disinfecting them as well as completely taking out the soil they were in an placing a pet safe organic soil. We have layers of leca, characol, isopods, dirt, and then leaves on top of everything. I will have to take pictures of new enclosure. But the uvb is the same light for now so I’ll have to change it however it says where the correct placement should be on the box and it says as long as it’s more than 6 inches away. He’s very energetic which is strange because when he broke his arms the first time around he was completely out of it, could barely move, and didn’t eat or drink, he also didn’t have the energy to even try to hide in a higher place. He just stayed at the bottom of the cage and was shaking in pain so I’m not really sure how he is so responsive and normal.
That little of amount of time doesn’t constitute less D3, so keep to the normal schedule. Get the new linear UVB fixture and bulb ASAP!

Update on Nolan, He’s doing better! We still haven’t seen the doc till tomorrow but he started eating again all by himself and has a lot more energy. His tail is also starting to straighten itself out a lot more. I’d say it’s almost 75% corrected!

His cage is still not entirely done since we’re changing his environment still but it’s about 85% done at this point but all the plants are real except for the vine. He loves that thing.

Attachments

• C71A2901-AAE9-44C1-8212-1FA966E0CFC7.jpeg
    C71A2901-AAE9-44C1-8212-1FA966E0CFC7.jpeg
    269.5 KB · Views: 54
Also random question, why do chameleon’s make this hissing sound that sounds like there just taking a deep breath for absolutely no reason? Nolan does it at random times since he was a baby.

Back
Top Bottom