Chameleon squished

casperlemon

So an hour ago my mom was handling my chameleon (still a baby, i haven't found out their gender yet) and my cham was climbing on her forearm and almost fell. My mom pressed her forearms together in an effort to catch them but ended up squishing them. He had black marks on were he was pressed against. Hes walking fine, eating fine and hes currently basking like nothing happened. but it really scared me and i want to make sure they're okay, what should i look for to make sure theyre okay?

So an hour ago my mom was handling my chameleon (still a baby, i haven't found out their gender yet) and my cham was climbing on her forearm and almost fell. My mom pressed her forearms together in an effort to catch them but ended up squishing them. He had black marks on were he was pressed against. Hes walking fine, eating fine and hes currently basking like nothing happened. but it really scared me and i want to make sure they're okay, what should i look for to make sure theyre okay?
I know nothing about this subject, but are the “black marks” bruises? This sounds super scary.

I would maybe try not to Handle it too much. Also, find out it’s gender soon to know if you’ll need an area for it to lay eggs

I know nothing about this subject, but are the “black marks” bruises? This sounds super scary.

I would maybe try not to Handle it too much. Also, find out it’s gender soon to know if you’ll need an area for it to lay eggs

the black marks went away after a few minutes, i don't handle them a lot unless i'm weighing them or moving them so i can clean their enclosure. i'll be sure to find out their gender soon!

Do you have a veiled? If so, the males have little nubs from their back feet called spurs. The females usually don’t have them.
I would say just keep a close eye on your cham for the next few days. If he/she starts sleeping when lights are on, hanging out low in enclosure, not basking, trouble moving, not eating or drinking or any gasping or mouth gaping, get him/her to a vet.

Do you have a veiled? If so, the males have little nubs from their back feet called spurs. The females usually don’t have them.
I would say just keep a close eye on your cham for the next few days. If he/she starts sleeping when lights are on, hanging out low in enclosure, not basking, trouble moving, not eating or drinking or any gasping or mouth gaping, get him/her to a vet.

i do have i veiled chameleon! ill be sure to look for those spurs on the back of their feet! and ill make sure to keep a close eye on them!

Back
Top Bottom