Chameleon sleeping on my hand

Plato

I took my pet chameleon out of his cage probably 30 minutes before his preferred bedtime. By the way my chameleon is very friendly. He started to really curl his tail up which I thought was a sign of anger and then bent his head and started to close his eyes!

Is this a good sign?????????????

Thanks for your help:)

Hi.

It's a confusing sign...the fact that it was right before bedtime makes it less obviously a problem, but I still would not expect a healthy chameleon to fall asleep on a human's hand. I suspect you would benefit from completing the "How to Ask for Help" form. Just go to that link copy the questions, paste them into a reply (or start a new thread in the Health forum and past that into your opening post) then add your information. It's possible there's something in your husbandry that needs improvement.

My chameleon was perfectly healthy ate good, well, hydrated never stressed and when i held him he use to fall asleep on my hand he had no problems at all

My chameleon (male veiled) did that when we first got him at 2 months old. We then got his supplementing right on and he stopped doing it week or two later.. pictures of ur little guy would help aswell.

Welcome to the forum :)

He is a baby boy from Kammerflage kreations

Okay.. panthers jacksons veiled? Melleri parsons? Wat are we talkin about? Filling out the form Eliza posted would be great for us to just see wat all u got going on.. make sure he's just being cute ya know ;) never can be to safe with these guys

I Believe him to be healthy since he eats the the calcium and vitamin dusted insects/worms from my hand and from free ranged. The lights were off in the room I held him in.

He never did close his eyes just got in the position. I think it was an act of trust since I have a really good bond with him. He doesn't mind getting out of his cage, but he loves his cage. He appears to be a to notch lizard.
I can't post a picture cause I am using my phone to post this.

If the lights were off in the room, and it was close to bed time, I can see how he would mistake you for a tree and get ready to go to sleep.

ive seen it

once my faly was sleeping on the freerange and i kinda woke him up to put him back in his cage and he just grabbed my finger and perched and went right back to sleep. then same thing when he went into his cage.. grabbed his favorite vine and right back to sleep again. he is also a very frendly guy. so friendly i have never seen him fire up or even puff up at all

Back
Top Bottom