Chameleon sight distance

CasqueAbove

Chameleon Enthusiast
So I had my girl out today, and I decided to bring out my male for the other side of the yard. As soon as she sees him, over 20 feet away, she goes gravid colors. Super bright colors then heads lower , more hidden.
I knew she was gravid, but never seen her this bright. I was surprised by the distance she reacted at. There was a lot of open ground. It was interesting to watch this behavior.

1A8412D8-D425-4714-B65A-F44C1EF94DC7.jpeg 1A8412D8-D425-4714-B65A-F44C1EF94DC7.jpeg AD52040D-780A-454C-AF2B-12A25AA94736.jpeg

She's giving him a definite message! They can see s long way...they have negative eye lenses which makes their vision like binocular vision. Only critter in the world that I know of with that type of eye lens!

She's giving him a definite message! They can see s long way...they have negative eye lenses which makes their vision like binocular vision. Only critter in the world that I know of with that type of eye lens!
Interesting, I was surprised she spotted him so quick. I would not have guessed. I was cool.

Back
Top Bottom