CHAMELEON - SHEDDING OR GRAZE/CUT?

jack_wardayyyy

Established Member
Hi team,

Does anyone know if this is a graze or the start of shedding. I’ve come home and had bruce out and noticed it. It hasn’t seemed to of effected him in the slightest he’s still climbing and fully active but the red colour makes me think it’s a graze, any ideas?

Attachments

• IMG_5897.jpeg
    IMG_5897.jpeg
    137.8 KB · Views: 43
Still gotta nail...
Odds are some scales got removed. It should turn grey/pink flesh colored till the next shed if that is the case. its possible the entire toe got "stuck" like SteveH said and he pulled and just lost some scales, vs getting just the nail stuck and yanking it off.

Agree with ^^^. You can put a tiny dab of plain neosporin or manuka honey to help it heal. Just don’t use the one with pain relief. If you have silver sulfadiazine, that would be even better but is prescription only.

His toe ?
Looks like he possibly tore it loose from screen walking. 🤷‍♂️
Still gotta nail...
Odds are some scales got removed. It should turn grey/pink flesh colored till the next shed if that is the case. its possible the entire toe got "stuck" like SteveH said and he pulled and just lost some scales, vs getting just the nail stuck and yanking it off.
Ahhhh my poor man :( thank you for your replies guys at least I know it’s lost scales now :( don’t know how to stop it I’ve got vines and branches everywhere and he still chooses the mesh from time to time :(

Agree with ^^^. You can put a tiny dab of plain neosporin or manuka honey to help it heal. Just don’t use the one with pain relief. If you have silver sulfadiazine, that would be even better but is prescription only.
Thank you! I’ll look into getting some of this tomorrow and helping him :(

Back
Top Bottom