Chameleon Safe Plant?

1556317235632.jpeg

Sorry for the enormous picture! I saw this plant in my hairdresser’s salon and loved how it looked. Does anyone have any idea what it is and if it is chameleon safe or can survive in a chameleon habitat? My hairdresser said that it is a jungle plant and fairly easy to maintain, if that helps. He also said that it only gains that orange-ish colour when given exposure to sunlight, so they may not always be so vibrant?

A bright window might get it by, uvb bulbs do nothing for plants though. To give you an idea, they thrive in full florida sun.
Ah. I thought I heard something about a plant like Pothos benefitting from UVB bulbs but maybe I just misinterpreted that from hearing that they are low-light.
Anyways, the one in my hairdresser’s is doing well, so I might consider them for my enclosure anyway... not sure how bright his window is compared to mine, though.

Ahh I mean, the little bit of light emitted is better than absolutely nothing, especially with pothos. When we're talking high light plants It wont make much of a difference though. A good window goes a long way (y) good luck

I have one in my veiled enclosure! It's great! I also have a phillips 75W br30 grow light. It gives off lots of heat (for basking spot) and also grows the plants. It was like $6 at home Depot. I put it in my dome light fixture from my Cham kit (that is actually useless LOL)

Attachments

• 15568431987955666139497945554597.jpg
    15568431987955666139497945554597.jpg
    444.3 KB · Views: 174
I have one in my veiled enclosure! It's great! I also have a phillips 75W br30 grow light. It gives off lots of heat (for basking spot) and also grows the plants. It was like $6 at home Depot. I put it in my dome light fixture from my Cham kit (that is actually useless LOL)
Does the bulb supplement heat on top of the heat in whatever area you're living in, or does it do it all by itself? Because where I live isn't very warm, but the bulb still sounds great if it produces enough light on its own!

Oh yes! In the colder months it was very warm. I actually have been cutting down the time it's on because it's getting too hot. I think I might downgrade it to a 60W for the summer. It's a flood light

Back
Top Bottom