Chameleon prolapse

sarahgeorge

I've just been on the phone to the vet... My chameleon has been prolapsing for a while and it goes back in but the last few weeks he's been bleeding from his bum... The vet thinks its gout, kidney failure or prolapsing... It may have to be put to sleep :/ he has one big swollen ankle

I'm sorry to hear this. What sort of prolapse is it? Hemipenis or rectal? If it's a hemipenis, the vet should be able to help with that surgically.

I do hope the vet can fix him. Losing a cham is such a heart break. Let us know how the vet visit goes, good luck to both of you.

I've just been on the phone to the vet... My chameleon has been prolapsing for a while and it goes back in but the last few weeks he's been bleeding from his bum... The vet thinks its gout, kidney failure or prolapsing... It may have to be put to sleep :/ he has one big swollen ankle

what caused the prolapse?? what was he feed?? gout is caused by too much protein i think ..kidney failure Is not enough water..I hope he make's it...

So sorry to hear, it's always hard to lose a pet, and he's the first cham who has died on you I think? How is your girl doing?

Back
Top Bottom