Chameleon problems while shedding!!

CamoCam

So I'm not sure if this is normal for my chameleon. He is male and a veiled chameleon. Not sure how old he is but I think I bought him at 5 months old. He is shedding currently and is having darker colours then usual and blinking a lot as well as opening his mouth then closing and turning really big. Please help

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    111.6 KB · Views: 164
Last edited:
Shedding is a very uncomfortable process for chameleons... So much so that it causes them to be more irritated, stressed, and even loss of appetite. My panther puffs up a lot more during shedding to help loosen/stretch out the old skin. Frequent misting of warm water can help a lot!

He looks normal. He could have some shed around his eyes which can be irritating his eyes a bit do that might be why he's blinking so much. Just make sure he's hydrated and maybe mist him a little more as stated above which will make it easier to shed.

All the "symptoms" you've stated are normal behavior during shedding. They have to bend, and stretch, and wiggle and open wide in order for it to come off. Remember, they don't have the luxury of being able to pull it off, they have to make it "fall off."

Thanks

Thanks for all the support guys :) my chameleon is nearly complete shedding and I bought him all new plants and vines and he is all green :D

Back
Top Bottom