Chameleon Prices

panicbess

I have recently looked into getting a Cham off Craigslist. Ass any of yall know this can have risk. I think its a good looking full grown Veiled with a NICE screen habitat she is asking 250.00 Is this reasonable? It LOOKS like the habitat is reptibreeze with all accessories..

Ehh.. Thats steep if you ask me. But I dont know what it comes with I guess. A veiled alone is only like 40 bucks. Also depends on the size of the enclosure.

Ehh.. Thats steep if you ask me. But I dont know what it comes with I guess. A veiled alone is only like 40 bucks. Also depends on the size of the enclosure.

a baby is 40 bucks he said its an adult with cage, it mite be a little high but youll pay 100 or more for a nice adult. then with caging an acc so its not far off..

Very much depends on where you live. Where I am, that would be reasonable, as long as the animal is in good condition.

Might be ok, depends what he comes with.
A 2x2x4 cage goes for ~$90-110 depending on where you buy from. A full grown veiled should be worth more than a baby, I would say you could buy an adult for around $100. UV Lights are $20, plus the fixtures and such. So the price seems reasonable if you're getting the cage and accessories.

HOWEVER, word of caution, I would request to see the chameleon in person before you buy him. Any photos they have can be deceptive and/or old and you might not be able to tell if you can see any health concerns like being underweight or showing signs of MBD. Definitely don't pay until you've had a chance to check the animal over! I've heard about people being tricked too many times.

Talked him down to 200. It is a full grown male with full set-up......gotta do it!!thanks yall i figured i could get good info from all you freaks.

Oh didn't pay attention to the age. 200 is acceptable for sure. I wanna see some pics when he settles in!

seems reasonable to me..i spent like 600 for my first set up with an adult cham...i figure if its best for the animals well being and health..dont be cheap

go cheap, buy it twice

get it right the first time, buy it once.

I have recently looked into getting a Cham off Craigslist. Ass any of yall know this can have risk. I think its a good looking full grown Veiled with a NICE screen habitat she is asking 250.00 Is this reasonable? It LOOKS like the habitat is reptibreeze with all accessories..

Ask for the number for the vet the cham went to last. You need to know if your cham as any history of illness!

Oh, and it sounds like a fair price to me. 250 is pretty good, especially if the cham is fully healthy and it comes with all those accessories. the only thing that might be poopey is if the cham isn't at full growth yet... then you would have to shovel out more $$$ for a bigger cage.

I paid exactly $250 when buying my adult veiled about 5 years ago. He was in great health had vet recomendation , came w everything plus extras. I think the orice is fine if his health is in order.... Congrats! Post pics please

Back
Top Bottom