Chameleon one eye closed

Lennyx

My baby vield chameleon stood to close to the mist machine when it sprayed and now he only has one eye opend I’m kinda scared

Your basic misting machine as you called it. Shouldn't in no way hurt there eyes. Most of mine sleep by them and get misted in eyes daily.

Post pics of the chameleon and of the entire enclosure lights down so we can see what your working with.

That’s one eye and that’s the other eye

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    250.7 KB · Views: 70
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    181.7 KB · Views: 69
Screw in ball his enclosure is meduum he’s just a baby so I just got him a screw in ball

Screw in ball his enclosure is meduum he’s just a baby so I just got him a screw in ball
So the screw in ones depending on which you got are either too high of a UVI output or too low. Both cause them to start shutting their eyes because it compromises their system. I do not think the eye closing is related to the misting.

Can you post a pic of the entire enclosure please.

I got the uvb bulb from thrive
Yeah compacts just do not work well for chameleons because of the issues I said above. If too low of UVI output then they develop MBD.
You would need a T5HO fixture with a 5.0 bulb or 6%. Get the 24 inch fixture because you will need to upgrade the enclosure size in the next few 2 months to a 2x2x4ft enclosure.
With this fixture you want 8-9 inches to the branch. This puts the cham in the right UVI level. Since baby can get to the screen you want to lift the fixture 4 inches off the top and then have 4-5 inches to the vine below.

Are you using an exoterra glass enclosure or is it the petsmart brand... This is important because normally the petsmart brand does not have ventilation intakes lower on the cage to pull air through.

The fake plants are not safe with Veileds since they eat their plants.

If you want to do a husbandry review we can cover everything.

Also start reading this site it will help you with overall set up of everything and what you need for this baby to stay healthy. https://chameleonacademy.com/chameleon-husbandry-program-getting-started-with-chameleons/

I only have one fake plant and it’s a the brown one all the other plants are really besides also the water dropper. Glass encloser with both upper and lower ventilation

Back
Top Bottom