Chameleon on the beach

ehoeter

Hi I live on the beach near Manzanillo same equatorial line as Hawaii. Was thinking of getting a Jackson Chameleon and building an outdoor enclosure for him. Do you think it would be too salty an environment? Have had several Chameleons in the past veiled,and Senegal. Thanks for your thoughts ☺️

Attachments

• IMG_20210316_7.png
    IMG_20210316_7.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 113
Hi I live on the beach near Manzanillo same equatorial line as Hawaii. Was thinking of getting a Jackson Chameleon and building an outdoor enclosure for him. Do you think it would be too salty an environment? Have had several Chameleons in the past veiled,and Senegal. Thanks for your thoughts ☺️
I would just check to make sure they're legal there.

Jacksons need colder nights.
If the nights there are similar to Hawaii, I don't think it will be cool enough for their long term health
Yet a wild invasive population has established itself there.

We have a few forum members down your way. I live near but not on the coast. Not close enough to feel the salt spray or hear the waves :(. I don't think it would be a problem. You would just need to rinse the leaves of the plants down but you will need to mist minimum twice daily anyway.

It does get quite cool at night especially November through April. They are legal
What is "quite cool"? 🤷‍♂️

From the Jackson's chameleon care sheet:
Nighttime temperatures can safely drop down to 50F (10C) so a night heat source should not be used unless temperatures are lower than this. If night heat is needed a ceramic heat emitter or space heater should be used, not a light bulb, even red or black bulbs.
https://www.chameleonforums.com/care/caresheets/jacksons/

Back
Top Bottom