Chameleon on plane

DayneDavis

I am about to go back to school in Boston. Since I live in Texas I fly there. I would like to bring my Jackson's Chameleon with me, but I am unsure of bringing him on a plane. Does anyone have any experience with this or a safer but cheap way of transport? I'm also unsure if airlines would allow it.

You can't bring it on the plane, just ship it from FedEx to your destination before you get on the plane to leave. Easy plan.

I looked into this a while back. Since I had flown with a small bird before, I was surprised to find out that not a single airline allows small, nonvenomous reptiles to fly in the cabin. I think this is silly, but those are the rules.

You could always call the airline and ask for a waiver, but I imagine it will be very difficult to get.

Im not sure about the US but up here we have a LIVE ANIMAL cargo option. Same as you would bring your cat or dog. I have flew quite a few chams around and always had good luck

A few airlines do have an animal cargo option where the animals fly is a pressurized compartment in the hold. Some airlines but not all will accept nonvenomous reptiles. Those compartments aren't flawless. While the vast majority of animals (likely mostly cats and dogs) make it just fine, there are always horror stories. Same for shipping, in all fairness.

I have not had to face the challenge of traveling with my cham yet. Since I am so paranoid, I would probably drive :) however, that may not be a option in your situation. Be aware that if you are going international, that creates all sorts of importing issues and you will need a permit. (Edit: Although Texans may disagree, haha, Texas to Boston is not international, so you don't have to worry about that!)

Do some searching on the forum on how to ship your cham - companies, guarantees, packaging, etc. I'm sure there is some good info out there for you.

Check out Ship Your Reptiles, they are a sponsor on the forum. They handle all my shipping. If it were me, I would ask a reliable person to box up your cham and ship it when you are safely on Boston to receive him. Make sure you have everything set up for shipping all the box and packing all ready and the person knows how to put the cham safely in the box.

You can't bring it on the plane, just ship it from FedEx to your destination before you get on the plane to leave. Easy plan.

WHAT?! I would never ask FedEx or UPS to ship an animal. I've worked for UPS and have a few friends who have/still work for FedEx. They throw boxes without a care in the world about what is inside. The "Fragile" stickers are also an indicator to them that it is an object that should be kicked.

WHAT?! I would never ask FedEx or UPS to ship an animal. I've worked for UPS and have a few friends who have/still work for FedEx. They throw boxes without a care in the world about what is inside. The "Fragile" stickers are also an indicator to them that it is an object that should be kicked.

Most of us here have had chams shipped to us.

I have shipped out almost 30 baby veileds myself, and received 10+ chams via fedex.

WHen packed properly, the chams do just fine. and they are all shipped next day air.

Overnight shipping is your safest and most economical option. You need to be individually certified to ship with FedEx, or you can use our service, ShipYourReptiles.com, and you will be shipping under our certification (pricing also starts at 20% less than the FedEx retail rate).

There are packaging and temperature considerations, check out the SYR Shipping Standards in the ShipYourReptiles Get Help section, it will walk you through the packaging and shipping details.

You can use one of our Shipping Kits for a one-time shipment. For an adult Jackson's, kit #2 should be fine. The smaller the box, the less it will cost to ship.

You can also book your shipment with On-Time and Live Arrival Insurance with SYR, that is not offered with ANY other service.

We have shipped well over 200,000 live reptiles safely and responsibly. If you package and ship your animal properly, you should expect a safe and responsible result.

Feel free to contact us directly with any questions, we help first time shippers every day.

Overnight shipping is your safest and most economical option. You need to be individually certified to ship with FedEx, or you can use our service, ShipYourReptiles.com, and you will be shipping under our certification (pricing also starts at 20% less than the FedEx retail rate).

There are packaging and temperature considerations, check out the SYR Shipping Standards in the ShipYourReptiles Get Help section, it will walk you through the packaging and shipping details.

You can use one of our Shipping Kits for a one-time shipment. For an adult Jackson's, kit #2 should be fine. The smaller the box, the less it will cost to ship.

You can also book your shipment with On-Time and Live Arrival Insurance with SYR, that is not offered with ANY other service.

We have shipped well over 200,000 live reptiles safely and responsibly. If you package and ship your animal properly, you should expect a safe and responsible result.

Feel free to contact us directly with any questions, we help first time shippers every day.

You forgot to add the several hundred dollars you have saved me.:D:D:D

To my knowledge, chameleons are considered exotic pets and therefore cannot fly in the cabin of the airplane. Your only options really are overnight shipping or driving with them.

I’m more talking about the legitimacy of shipyourreptiles. I’m moving to Tempe Arizona from Boston and I don’t want to bother putting my Jackson’s through danger if it’s risky..

I am about to go back to school in Boston. Since I live in Texas I fly there. I would like to bring my Jackson's Chameleon with me, but I am unsure of bringing him on a plane. Does anyone have any experience with this or a safer but cheap way of transport? I'm also unsure if airlines would allow it.
Chameleon on a plane...the new thriller starring SLJ.

Back
Top Bottom