Chameleon not sleeping

the 60watt basking bulb was way to hot so lowered it down and the supplement on the right I give it once a week
95DADD84-06FC-485A-953C-76720057B97A.jpeg
49D36B4D-1060-428E-A9D8-D602B891CFED.jpeg
FDB120B3-D760-4256-B520-8EE268B0311E.jpeg
5F399BC1-04E5-4239-A3D8-CC4C7048139D.jpeg

Ok with the repti vite you only want to use this twice a month say on the 15th and the 30th calcium every other time what lights do you have in the double dome ?
Okay thank you and this is the light I have in the left side of the dome but on the right side is the 40 watt basking bulb I was talking about

Attachments

• 52AC648A-0831-47B1-B7D1-4079958BBFD1.png
    52AC648A-0831-47B1-B7D1-4079958BBFD1.png
    204.6 KB · Views: 41
Ok with the repti vite you only want to use this twice a month say on the 15th and the 30th calcium every other time what lights do you have in the double dome ?
Okay thank you and this is the light I have in the left side of the dome but on the right side is the 40 watt basking bulb I
Okay you don't need that , do you know what percentage the florescent tube is ?
im sorry how do I check that I don’t know

Okay so calcium every feed dust lightly then twice a month use reptivite +d3 , temperature max 84 f, daytime humidity 30 to 50% , as your baby is climbing the screen and with a 10 % I would personally raise your lights up 4 or 5 inches or lowerthe tube at some point to a a 6% tube , you could use a couple of pieces of wood or whatever , what age is your cham , what are you feeding and are you gut-loading your feeders ,

Okay so calcium every feed dust lightly then twice a month use reptivite +d3 , temperature max 84 f, daytime humidity 30 to 50% , as your baby is climbing the screen and with a 10 % I would personally raise your lights up 4 or 5 inches or lowerthe tube at some point to a a 6% tube , you could use a couple of pieces of wood or whatever , what age is your cham , what are you feeding and are you gut-loading your feeders ,
I honestly don’t know the age I got it on may 5 at petco and I’ve been feeding it crickets I had tried Dubai roaches as well small ones and it did not go for them at all and as soon as I put crickets in again it went straight for them but what I feed the crickets is this flukers product
BFDE7B5B-C63C-48D6-9412-BF4309B2516A.jpeg

I honestly don’t know the age I got it on may 5 at petco and I’ve been feeding it crickets I had tried Dubai roaches as well small ones and it did not go for them at all and as soon as I put crickets in again it went straight for them but what I feed the crickets is this flukers product View attachment 338604
Okay I'm in the uk so not familiar with them, you could also put some fresh food in for them like carrot and berries, also use sticky tongue farms miner all vit, which is American, , chameleon academy and Neptune the chameleon you tube are good places to get advice. I would also put a dripper in , you don't have to buy a commercial one you can use a plastic milk carton, and put a small hole in the bottom using a thumb tack

Also ( sorry for bombarding you with stuff) with petco and petsmart not having great reputations I would advise you to get a fecal /poop test done for parasites, this is very important

Okay I'm in the uk so not familiar with them, you could also put some fresh food in for them like carrot and berries, also use sticky tongue farms miner all vit, which is American, , chameleon academy and Neptune the chameleon you tube are good places to get advice. I would also put a dripper in , you don't have to buy a commercial one you can use a plastic milk carton, and put a small hole in the bottom using a thumb tack
Okay thank you I’ll start putting in those things and I do have a dropper but I don’t really see it drink a lot of water how can I get it to drink?

Also ( sorry for bombarding you with stuff) with petco and petsmart not having great reputations I would advise you to get a fecal /poop test done for parasites, this is very important
How do I go about that cause I have 30 days until I can’t return my chameleon so before those 30 days run out I want to take it in to get it checked out to make sure it’s healthy but for the poop testing do they get the poop or do I have to get it for them?

How do I go about that cause I have 30 days until I can’t return my chameleon so before those 30 days run out I want to take it in to get it checked out to make sure it’s healthy but for the poop testing do they get the poop or do I have to get it for them?
You will want to get a fresh poo and take it to an experienced reptile vet . Don't panic just make the reccomended changes I have mentioned

Okay thank you I’ll start putting in those things and I do have a dropper but I don’t really see it drink a lot of water how can I get it to drink?
Chameleons are shy drinkers , so you may not see them drinking, the best way to know if they are hydrated is with their poop , that's why I asked , if you can take a picture of her next poop would be helpful

Back
Top Bottom