Chameleon not moving

taylor135

I have a female panther cham named matilda, the past few days she hasn't moved much from her sleeping spot
Chameleon Info:
  • Your Chameleon - Female panther, about a year old, I have had her for 8 months
  • Handling - maybe once a week
  • Feeding - I feed crickets mainly, sometimes silkworms. I feed her every other day, usually about 5-10 medium size feeders
  • Supplements - Calcium (Earth pro Ca) every day, sundays I alternate between Rep Cal calcium with D3 and reptivite without D3
  • Watering - I have a dripper on in the evenings, she gets misted 2x a day for 2 min by an automatic mister and a humidifier on at night, I see her drink sometimes when the mister is going off
  • Fecal Description - dark brown poo with off white urate, her last poop was about 4-5 days ago, I haven't had her tested for parasites

Cage Info:
  • Cage Type - home built screen cage, 22''x22''x38''
  • Lighting - flukers heat lamp (150w), Repti Sun T5 5.0 UVB bulb, her lights turn on and off at 9:20am/pm
  • Temperature - Her basking spot is ~28-29 C, with ambient temp around 20 C, lowest overnight is 18C
  • Humidity - overnight levels around 80-85%, using a humidifier measured with a digital probe (and one without a probe), during the day I let it dry out, minimum about 40%
  • Plants - fake plants and 2 live plats, 1 pothos, and a money tree
  • Placement - Cage is in my bedroom, in the corner furthest away from my bed
  • Location - Toronto ON
I'm mainly worried about her not moving, her poops have been more infrequent as it has gotten colder, she moved 2 days ago to eat but returned to her sleeping spot afterwards and didn't bask
First 2 pics are from today, and the 3rd is from 3 weeks ago

Please let me know if there's anything I need to be doing better!

Attachments

• Matilda1p.pdf
    1.6 MB · Views: 113
  • Matilda2p.pdf
    1.9 MB · Views: 91
  • Matilda3p.pdf
    3 MB · Views: 87
  • Cagep.pdf
    3 MB · Views: 91
Hi. I can’t see your pics. I tried, but am on an iPad so limited options. I don’t see anything jumping out at me in your husbandry. Has she laid eggs yet? Do you have a lay bin for her?

I can't see the photos either...sorry....need to see them to help.

Do you have a proper egglaying container in her cage for her?Has she ever laid eggs?

I have a female panther cham named matilda, the past few days she hasn't moved much from her sleeping spot
Chameleon Info:
  • Your Chameleon - Female panther, about a year old, I have had her for 8 months
  • Handling - maybe once a week
  • Feeding - I feed crickets mainly, sometimes silkworms. I feed her every other day, usually about 5-10 medium size feeders
  • Supplements - Calcium (Earth pro Ca) every day, sundays I alternate between Rep Cal calcium with D3 and reptivite without D3
  • Watering - I have a dripper on in the evenings, she gets misted 2x a day for 2 min by an automatic mister and a humidifier on at night, I see her drink sometimes when the mister is going off
  • Fecal Description - dark brown poo with off white urate, her last poop was about 4-5 days ago, I haven't had her tested for parasites

Cage Info:
  • Cage Type - home built screen cage, 22''x22''x38''
  • Lighting - flukers heat lamp (150w), Repti Sun T5 5.0 UVB bulb, her lights turn on and off at 9:20am/pm
  • Temperature - Her basking spot is ~28-29 C, with ambient temp around 20 C, lowest overnight is 18C
  • Humidity - overnight levels around 80-85%, using a humidifier measured with a digital probe (and one without a probe), during the day I let it dry out, minimum about 40%
  • Plants - fake plants and 2 live plats, 1 pothos, and a money tree
  • Placement - Cage is in my bedroom, in the corner furthest away from my bed
  • Location - Toronto ON
I'm mainly worried about her not moving, her poops have been more infrequent as it has gotten colder, she moved 2 days ago to eat but returned to her sleeping spot afterwards and didn't bask
First 2 pics are from today, and the 3rd is from 3 weeks ago

Please let me know if there's anything I need to be doing better!
1637800738721.png

1637800783741.png

1637800899483.png

1637800949906.png

Here are the photos again for those who couldn't see them!

Back
Top Bottom