Chameleon not eating

I think you may be correct....the branch underneath it that he stands on is measuring in at 81 degrees. Is that sufficient enough?
Yes... it is... Because you have to figure where he rises into the heat is going to be about 2-3 degrees warmer.

Yes... it is... Because you have to figure where he rises into the heat is going to be about 2-3 degrees warmer.

Ok, good at least that is settled. I just hope he will be ok. I don't like seeing him like this. I like it better when he gets angry with me and hides in his Pothos.

Ok, good at least that is settled. I just hope he will be ok. I don't like seeing him like this. I like it better when he gets angry with me and hides in his Pothos.
I hope so too. Just prepare yourself hun. He really does not look well at all. :( A good reptile Vet is the only one I would trust with him in this condition.

I hope so too. Just prepare yourself hun. He really does not look well at all. :( A good reptile Vet is the only one I would trust with him in this condition.

It will be difficult...he went from being ok a week ago to this...

He’s my first one, so I will feel really bad if it is something I did..
I don't think so hun. I looked back through all your threads. You made changes when you were told something needed to change...

Did you ever get a fecal run on him?

He had one done in June by the previous owner and since I had gotten him shortly after and he was doing ok I did not.

Thank you everyone. He has not had a fecal done with me and I believe the previous owner had one done in June. He also seems to rub the left side of his head on the branch. I will take him to the vet in Orlando first thing tomorrow. What is the best basking bulb to help with the temperature? My ZooMed 100w basking spot lamp barely helps get it to 80 with our current weather down here.
Best of luck with the vet... do let us know what happens

Thank you, I will. I have to take him to another vet cause the vet at the Orlando location is on holiday. I will be leaving in about an hour to take him.

Let us know what they say. good luck hun.
[/QUOTE

Diagnosis is pneumonia. They are giving him antibiotics and critical care stuff to help him regain the weight. I will also have to put a solution into his fogger that will act as a nebulizer treatment. Cage also has to be repositioned away from wall with window. It’s a grim situation right now since he has no fat deposits, but hopefully this will help him get back to normal.

Diagnosis is pneumonia. They are giving him antibiotics and critical care stuff to help him regain the weight. I will also have to put a solution into his fogger that will act as a nebulizer treatment. Cage also has to be repositioned away from wall with window. It’s a grim situation right now since he has no fat deposits, but hopefully this will help him get back to normal.
This will help you with giving him the meds and food. You have to be careful because the airway is in the front... http://www.muchadoaboutchameleons.com/2014/05/how-to-give-different-medicines.html

Formula to help with weight gain

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    142.5 KB · Views: 80

Glad you moved the cage away from the window.

Carnivore care is ok I think for short times.
Here's a bug juice recipe that you can use too...
https://www.adcham.com/html/husbandry/bug-juice.html

Make sure he drinks well while on the meds...but don't squirt water in his mouth and make sure not to get any into his lungs. Dripper is likely a good option.

Good luck with him!

Got him home. Cage is moved away from window to opposite side of the room. Got his first dose of the critical care food and antibiotic. He is resting now in a shaded area, but basking spot is up to 84.

Attachments

• IMG_1124.JPG
    IMG_1124.JPG
    278 KB · Views: 87
Back
Top Bottom