Chameleon not eating, not drinking enough, eyes closed during the day and gapping a lot

WOW well not what my vet does. Call around and see if you can find someone that works with reptiles and has chameleon experience to get him in today. He may be fine until Wednesday but but when it comes to an animals life I tend to go with caution over waiting. The eyes being closed during the day and the extension of the gular nose up are not good. Are you hearing wheezing?
I’ve heard wheezing yes but not every time I’m going to pay the 300 because I can’t sit and wait. I do not want to risk it

It was too late.. he passed :( I am very upset
I am so very sorry for your loss. You did everything right taking him in and I know that this is not the outcome you were wanting. These animals are so extremely skilled at hiding their illness that by the time it gets to a point where most people see a difference in behavior they are already quite ill.

I have looked through your passed threads. I am willing to bet that he came to you already sick. Your enclosure was set up well and you had the correct lighting/temps.

Back
Top Bottom