Chameleon not eating much

TSW

Hi all, my 4 month old male Veiled is not eating as much as i think he should. Ive seen people say that at his age he should be eating 10 - 15 crickets/locust . Ive only had him 3 days and hes only eating a maximum of like 5 then going up to the uvb and sitting there.

Ive tried letting locusts free roam today and hes eaten 5 maybe 6 but doesn't seem interested in them any more. Hes got crickets in a feeding cup also.

Hi all, my 4 month old male Veiled is not eating as much as i think he should. Ive seen people say that at his age he should be eating 10 - 15 crickets/locust . Ive only had him 3 days and hes only eating a maximum of like 5 then going up to the uvb and sitting there.

Ive tried letting locusts free roam today and hes eaten 5 maybe 6 but doesn't seem interested in them any more. Hes got crickets in a feeding cup also.
You have him only 3 days its okay for him to eat a little bit less than ordinary because he is adapting to his new home. Anyways you can always get your husbandry reviewed by pros here!

Reactions: TSW
Chameleons are easily stressed animals. Transitioning to a new home, especially if he was shipped to you, is a pretty traumatic experience. I would try to leave him alone as much as possible for 2 weeks or so to allow him to settle in and not provide further stress. He will definitely start eating, a baby chameleon is hungry and will want to eat. If you've already seen him eat something, then I wouldn't worry. When I first got my panther he ate a few bugs the day I got him, and within a few weeks he would wake up in the morning and unleash havoc on 15-20 dubia nymphs.

Last edited:

Did he start eating?

Back
Top Bottom