Chameleon Name...Need some Input!

Beautiful4Ever

I recently found out that my thought to be male chameleon is actually female :p The breeder is awesome and sending me a male from the same sire. My problem is very simple...my now known female has a male name...Vulcan. Well, my question is whether I should change it to a girl name or keep it the same. I just don't know, she is only 6 months.

Thanks for the input :)

in a name?

I tend to name my chams by a tv show or something to make it easy to remember. My veils are named assorted: Gwen. Sweet Pea. Rebel. Isaac (sire: Newton); Jax from Big Bang: Leonard. Sheldon. Burnadette. Leslie. Penny.; Nosy Be from first two letters being BE: Benjamin. Beatrice.; Blue Bars from Sherlock Holmes: Sherlock. Moriarty. Irene. Mycroft. Now as you may or may not know, i kind of ran out of female names with the last group. I had to name a female Mycroft. I wrestled with the idea for a while, a long while. But have accustomed to her name. If the name didn't fit your cham, you probably wouldn't have named her/him Vulcan to begin with. I vote to leave it.

I tend to name my chams by a tv show or something to make it easy to remember. My veils are named assorted: Gwen. Sweet Pea. Rebel. Isaac (sire: Newton); Jax from Big Bang: Leonard. Sheldon. Burnadette. Leslie. Penny.; Nosy Be from first two letters being BE: Benjamin. Beatrice.; Blue Bars from Sherlock Holmes: Sherlock. Moriarty. Irene. Mycroft. Now as you may or may not know, i kind of ran out of female names with the last group. I had to name a female Mycroft. I wrestled with the idea for a while, a long while. But have accustomed to her name. If the name didn't fit your cham, you probably wouldn't have named her/him Vulcan to begin with. I vote to leave it.

Haha I did the same thing. My chinese water dragon is Forrest and my panther is Gump.

Vulcan

Attached is a picture of my girl. I named her Vulcan because, contrary to the very popular Star-Trek reference :p, "Vulcan" is the Roman god of fire and she came from Fahrenheit...picture also attached.

I think her name may stay...my husband really likes the name and he doesn't care if it's a boy or a girl...his words: "It's a chameleon, we can name it whatever we want" :p lol love him

The 1st is of my Vulcan and the 2nd is the sire, Fahrenheit.

85598d1378670413-romeos-offspring-pic-thon-post-your-baby-vulcan_015.jpg

85601d1378672209-romeos-offspring-pic-thon-post-your-baby-vulcans-geneology-fahrenheit-son-fierce-.jpg

Why not just name your new guy Vulcan and give her something else? That way you still get to keep the name you guys like but she gets something more feminine. There's no harm in swapping names around lol She won't notice.

Why not just name your new guy Vulcan and give her something else? That way you still get to keep the name you guys like but she gets something more feminine. There's no harm in swapping names around lol She won't notice.
This is EXACTLY what I suggested to my hubby lol. I think I am still gonna try to convince him. The names I like...a lot to do with fire lol are:

Anala
Seraphine/Seraphina
Phoenix
Electra
Scarlet

Cannot think of any others...

This is EXACTLY what I suggested to my hubby lol. I think I am still gonna try to convince him. The names I like...a lot to do with fire lol are:

Anala
Seraphine/Seraphina
Phoenix
Electra
Scarlet

Cannot think of any others...

I like Seraphine and Scarlet very much. They're both on my favorite name list that I pick from whenever I get a new pet.

I like Greek mythological names. Here are some relating to the sun:

Apollo, Olympian god of light, the sun, prophecy, healing, plague, archery, music and poetry
Helios, Titan god of the sun
Heracles, the "solar hero", whose entire story has been interpreted as a sun myth, and whose labors are often associated with the Zodiac signs.
Hyperion, Titan god of light
Alectrona, goddess of the sun, morning and waking up
Eos, Titan goddess of the dawn
Phanes, protogenoi of light and life, described with "golden wings", sorrounded by the signs of the Zodiac and equated with Mithras.

Back
Top Bottom