Chameleon Laying Help

koomer

Hello, my veiled chameleon has been laying her eggs for around three hours. She still seems to be laying, but it is getting very late, and I am wondering if I should stay up. I know I need to feed and water her after she lays, but do I need to do it right after, or is it okay to sleep and do so in the morning?

Thanks

let her recover a little, its ok to sleep, she'll be done in the morning and then after she's recovered you should feed and mist. right after she may be tired and may not want to eat or drink and honestly it may just annoy her more.

also make sure she cant see you if your supervising her, if she sees you she may stop digging and become eggbound keep us updated on her progress and good luck!!

thanks for the help everyone! :) I'm happy to say that she finished laying her eggs and has covered them back up! she's recovering well! she has already drunk plenty of water and has eaten well, too! she doesn't seem too exhausted, either.

now that i need to take the eggs out, should i place her somewhere else while i do so, or will she be okay in the terrarium? i don't know if moving them will upset her or not, but i don't want to move her if i don't have to, since i want her to get plenty of rest under her uvb light. thanks again! <3

thanks for the help everyone! :) I'm happy to say that she finished laying her eggs and has covered them back up! she's recovering well! she has already drunk plenty of water and has eaten well, too! she doesn't seem too exhausted, either.

now that i need to take the eggs out, should i place her somewhere else while i do so, or will she be okay in the terrarium? i don't know if moving them will upset her or not, but i don't want to move her if i don't have to, since i want her to get plenty of rest under her uvb light. thanks again! <3
So I digged them up with her still in the cage watching me. After I dug them up she actually went back down to repack the area again. She did this for about 2 days b4 she stopped. She just kept getting more dirt to pile on to her spot

Back
Top Bottom