Chameleon laying eggs

I have a female chameleon that is 1 year and 4 months old. We took her to the vet to get her checkup, and the vet said that she was gravid. We did not put her with a male, as she is a pet not a breeder. These eggs were infertile. The vet gave her a medicine to make her lay the eggs as she was slightly impacted. That night, we put her in some sand, but all she did was sleep in it, so we put here in her enclosure with a bucket of sand, hoping she would be more comfortable in her own enclosure. She has not laid eggs yet so I put her in the sand again in her enclosure and turned off the light. Maybe she's laying eggs right now. I'm trying not to bother her. If she doesn't lay eggs what should I do???

Do you remember when she first started showing the yellowish mustardy colored spots and bright blue dots?
Was the medicine oxytocin?
How many days has it been since she went to the vets?

You can try digging a hole for her but then leave her alone so she will feel safe to "do her thing". Don't keep moving her...don't let her see you watching her...leave her lights on their regular schedule.

Do you remember when she first started showing the yellowish mustardy colored spots and bright blue dots?
Was the medicine oxytocin?
How many days has it been since she went to the vets?
She started showing yellow and blue spots since she was about 12 months old. Yes, the medicine was oxytocin. She went to the vets office on Saturday.

Four months from the onset of the colors to the egglaying could mean she's eggbound and may need to be spayed.

Did the vet say she would need another shot of oxytocin?

If she shows signs of going down hill...sleeping during the day, sitting low in her cage, lethargy, etc make sure she goes to a good chameleon vet ASAP.

Four months from the onset of the colors to the egglaying could mean she's eggbound and may need to be spayed.

Did the vet say she would need another shot of oxytocin?

If she shows signs of going down hill...sleeping during the day, sitting low in her cage, lethargy, etc make sure she goes to a good chameleon vet ASAP.
The vet said if she didn't lay eggs within a week, we might need to bring her back to them. She hasn't been sleeping during the day, sitting low in her cage, or showing signs of lethargy.

Back
Top Bottom