Chameleon kit

Reptar313

Established Member
Any suggestions on a reptile to put in this thing. I tried to breed hornworms but can’t see to get them to turn into moths the pupate and that’s it, eventually die. I mist them when I see the soil dry so I’m not sure. So time for something else. Was think maybe frogs? Or a gecko? I’m willing to foam out the screen or whatever’s needed. Thanks in advance.

I don’t think you’d be able to maintain the humidity needed by frogs. Maybe an arboreal gecko would work. Or you could keep trying to breed hornworms and keep the enclosure as a back up/emergency use. I’ve had success 2 out of 3 times breeding hornworms. Not sure why some pupae don’t hatch and haven’t looked more into it.

I don’t think you’d be able to maintain the humidity needed by frogs. Maybe an arboreal gecko would work. Or you could keep trying to breed hornworms and keep the enclosure as a back up/emergency use. I’ve had success 2 out of 3 times breeding hornworms. Not sure why some pupae don’t hatch and haven’t looked more into it.
Id be willing to wrap it in plastic or something to get humidity right for frogs if it came to it I really like frogs lol would t an arboreal gecko need a taller enclosure? The pupated ones are still alive but it’s been over a month on this batch I had another batch all died. So idk. The cage is just sitting there I hate having things but don’t use them.

Id be willing to wrap it in plastic or something to get humidity right for frogs if it came to it I really like frogs lol would t an arboreal gecko need a taller enclosure? The pupated ones are still alive but it’s been over a month on this batch I had another batch all died. So idk. The cage is just sitting there I hate having things but don’t use them.
I used plexiglass on three sides, siliconed it to the sides I use it as my temporary enclosure when I’m working on existing ones , works fairly well for me

Back
Top Bottom