Chameleon isn't eating

Bubby

My baby veiled chamelon isn't eating. I got him at the pet store in the morning Saturday and that's the last time he ate. I'm getting worried but the guy there said he will eat Monday. I'm just worried and need some help. He is sleeping and his cage is 74. In the morning thru afternoon his baskin spot is 80-84. Please help

My baby veiled chamelon isn't eating. I got him at the pet store in the morning Saturday and that's the last time he ate. I'm getting worried but the guy there said he will eat Monday. I'm just worried and need some help. He is sleeping and his cage is 74. In the morning thru afternoon his baskin spot is 80-84. Please help

If you just got him this Saturday I wouldn’t worry just yet, Chams can go a couple days without eating when you first get them. They are just adjusting to the new enclosure, always provide food for when they decide to chow down. Can you post a Pic of the enclosure?

i dont know how to upload a picture. can u tell me?

Attachments

• IMG_2466[1].jpg
    IMG_2466[1].jpg
    253.6 KB · Views: 143
I don't think I would use a 10.0 on a baby. I would switch out to the 5.0. You can always use the 10.0 later on when he is older. Babies can be sensitive to lighting. Not saying that is what the problem is, but just an observation. As the other member said, sometimes they will eat right away but often times it may take several days for them to start.

ok. im just worried cause it says they should be eating a lot if there at this age. oh and i do have a 5.0 in just got confuse cause i have a 10.0 and a 5.0

ok that is good. I would give him a little more time before I would start worrying. Yes, they will eat a lot as babies. Once he starts, you will wish he was not eating! lol

ok that is good. I would give him a little more time before I would start worrying. Yes, they will eat a lot as babies. Once he starts, you will wish he was not eating! lol

Very true!! ;) You just think where is all that food going in such a little body!? lol

Im not offering feeders. just got a couple crickets to see if he would eat them. when i get feeders how long should i wait and how many should i feed him?

usually when i get home or just randomly and he just does his thing like its not even there

so you are letting them loose in the cage? If they are too big he might not eat them. What size crickets are they and how old is your chameleon. Can you post some pics of him?

IMG_2465.JPG
There he is. And the crickets are medium to small sized

Attachments

• IMG_2465[1].jpg
    IMG_2465[1].jpg
    241.3 KB · Views: 120
And yes im letting about 3 loose and then i would grab one and put it by him and wont do anything

Back
Top Bottom