Chameleon homemade fogger?

Andrew27

I have all the supplies to make a fogger using a cool mist humidifier, vinyl tubing, and water sealant. But then I started questioning it. Lately I haven't been misting as much, only like 2 or 3 times a day. I thought a fogger would help. But would a fogger cause respiratory problems? How could I avoid my cham getting them when I use a fogger?

Would they even be bothered by it since they like water and humidity?

What species is your chameleon?

Shouldn't be a problem, but it will NOT substitute for mistings. (What I mean is water-wise. It will definitely help with humidity.)

What species is your chameleon?

Shouldn't be a problem, but it will NOT substitute for mistings. (What I mean is water-wise. It will definitely help with humidity.)

Jackson's chameleon. I know, I will still mist, but not the 5-6 times a day. I will lessen

I have all the supplies to make a fogger using a cool mist humidifier, vinyl tubing, and water sealant. But then I started questioning it. Lately I haven't been misting as much, only like 2 or 3 times a day. I thought a fogger would help. But would a fogger cause respiratory problems? How could I avoid my cham getting them when I use a fogger?

its the heated humidifier that cause respiratory problems

Jacksons need lots of water.
When I first got my guy as a baby, he would not drink because of stress.
I had to shower him for several minutes before he finally opened his mouth
to drink.
Now he uses the dripper, sticks his head up, opens his mouth and lets the water drip in!! LOL
But anyway, no, the cool mist will not harm them. Just make sure you are using distilled water, or clean your humidifier often.

My guy parks himself right in front of the mist and sleeps that way all night.

would the same concept of humidifier be ok for a baby veiled chameleon?
Again, whether you need a humidifier or not would depend on the normal humidity levels in the room and what level your cage reaches when you do your misting. You may only need to humidify at some times of year (during winter when the house tends to be drier because you are heating it, or in summer when you have to use an AC). If you are misting a couple of times every day but the cage tends to dry out really fast and your cham seems dehydrated, a humidifier can really help stabilize the humidity level. You don't need a CONSTANT high level for veileds, but you don't want it to drop much below 30 %.

Again, whether you need a humidifier or not would depend on the normal humidity levels in the room and what level your cage reaches when you do your misting. You may only need to humidify at some times of year (during winter when the house tends to be drier because you are heating it, or in summer when you have to use an AC). If you are misting a couple of times every day but the cage tends to dry out really fast and your cham seems dehydrated, a humidifier can really help stabilize the humidity level. You don't need a CONSTANT high level for veileds, but you don't want it to drop much below 30 %.
Thanks for the great info!!

I did not know that. I do know that plants grow this white powdery stuff in the cracks and recesses that I think is mold, so that is the plant. Not the cham. When I read that, it scared me cause I sometimes use a warm humidifier in the wintertime when my room is cold and I don't want to turn on a cold wet fan. I'll search it out and let you kno?

I did not know that. I do know that plants grow this white powdery stuff in the cracks and recesses that I think is mold, so that is the plant.

This could also be excreted mineral deposits...either from the plant itself that may be overfed, or from evaporated misting water that collects there. Without testing it who's to know for sure?

I thought it was mold from dampness. I would rather be safe than sorry. My chams drink the water that is on the plants that have the unidentified powder. I threw them out. Plants don't cost that much

Attachments

• 14649976388391290317212.jpg
    14649976388391290317212.jpg
    125.2 KB · Views: 123
Back
Top Bottom