Chameleon having black spots?

Danielleisdani

When I first got my Veild Chameleon he has black spots around his mouth that went away with time. But now I noticed that both of my chams have a black spot on the top of their horn? Is this their bruising? They both kind of came out of nowhere so I’m not too sure. Any information will help!

Mine isn’t very people friendly but if you zoom in on the top of his horn you can see it

Attachments

• 852904CB-61FD-423D-9230-7E241EFABF44.jpeg
    852904CB-61FD-423D-9230-7E241EFABF44.jpeg
    344.4 KB · Views: 105
Hi there! Based on the pic from the other thread, what kind of lights do you have and how far is the basking branch from the top? Do you have a way of measuring the temp? Can you post a pic of your enclosure from the lights down so we can get a better idea and help you tweak it if necessary. :)

Currently the enclosure is at 70 degrees and 65% humidity. At night it’s drops down to 60degrees and 40-50% humidity. They can’t get near the basking light because at first I thought it might be a burn.

Hi there! Based on the pic from the other thread, what kind of lights do you have and how far is the basking branch from the top? Do you have a way of measuring the temp? Can you post a pic of your enclosure from the lights down so we can get a better idea and help you tweak it if necessary. :)

*before someone comes at me for the fake plants they are temporary*
Found a picture of both enclosures, I did however move his stick under the light lower down not long ago but he usually doesn’t sit all the way at the top like he is in the picture. The lights are your standard from petsmart? Not 100% sure I threw out the box.

It looks like a thermal burn to me too.
Put your hand inside the cage ...as close to the basking bulb as possible and see if you have to move your hand away.

So I can touch the actual metal where the light it and it’s not even hot? Now I’m even more confuses
how far away from it is she on the basking branch? What wattage and type of bulb are you using (regular incandescent or a spot heat bulb)? And do you have screen sides to your cage? They will climb the sides to the top when they are young and can get to the basking that way too.

Back
Top Bottom