Chameleon Hates Me Now, Will They Ever Again!

Jokeya

Hi! I have posted many times before about chameleon questions, and here I am again! Anyway, recently, I have moved my female, 6 month old, veiled chameleon to her new enclosure. It's quite large, 4 feet tall, 2 feet wide, and 2 feet long. We had to make it since, well, it's just easier and a bit more fun than just buying one in my opinion. Like most veileds, she was very territorial. She wouldn't ever get scared or mad at me when I would open her old cage, and she would even eat from my hand practically every day. Moving her over was quite the hassle since she absolutely hates being touched, but we managed to move her anyway. Now, she really does not like me 😅. Yeah, I get it, she was removed from her old cage to a new one, which can be very stressful for them. But, I just get the stank eye from her every time I open her cage. I am perfectly fine with her being this way from now on, but is there a chance she will be like this forever?

Hi! I have posted many times before about chameleon questions, and here I am again! Anyway, recently, I have moved my female, 6 month old, veiled chameleon to her new enclosure. It's quite large, 4 feet tall, 2 feet wide, and 2 feet long. We had to make it since, well, it's just easier and a bit more fun than just buying one in my opinion. Like most veileds, she was very territorial. She wouldn't ever get scared or mad at me when I would open her old cage, and she would even eat from my hand practically every day. Moving her over was quite the hassle since she absolutely hates being touched, but we managed to move her anyway. Now, she really does not like me 😅. Yeah, I get it, she was removed from her old cage to a new one, which can be very stressful for them. But, I just get the stank eye from her every time I open her cage. I am perfectly fine with her being this way from now on, but is there a chance she will be like this forever?
Probably. :) Many are more friendly when they are younger and especially if in a smaller enclosure. Work on rebuilding her trust and eventually she’ll relax with you more. All my veileds know I won’t ever hurt them and are fine if I open their enclosure doors & readily hand feed. If I reach for them or violate too much of their space though, I’m going to get hissed at.

Do you have a laybin IN her cage?
Females get a little testy often when they are producing eggs.
Sorry for the really bad lighting, if you need I can try and get one of her when she's not near her lamps. And for the egg laying bin, I have no idea if its large enough and what not.
Polish_20210110_170121993.jpg
20210110_170022.jpg

The same thing is happening with me and my female veiled after I moved her and put cream on her casque!! Let me know if she ever forgives you 🤣

The photo isn't clear enough and I need to see all of her body.
What is the substrate in your laybin...it looks very dry. What is the size of it?

The photo isn't clear enough and I need to see all of her body.
What is the substrate in your laybin...it looks very dry. What is the size of it?

Sorry for the late response, hadn't checked the forums in a couple days. Again, let me know if you need a better picture! :)
Polish_20210113_001416591.jpg
ii

The substrate in the bin seems o have little white flakes in it..,your chameleon might eat them and that wouldn't be good. Your substrate is too dry by the look of it and I find they like to lay in washed playsand the best.

I can only guess at the size of your bin...what size is it?

Back
Top Bottom