Chameleon Hasn't Been Pooping!

ocyr.05

Hey all! I have a two year old veiled chameleon and I've had him almost 4 months and hes been eating great and drinking, but hasn't pooped in about a month I would say. Before this started happening he would poop once or twice a week now its nothing. And he doesn't show signs of lack of appetite, I haven't fed him in three days and I've tried giving him warm showers and he hates when I put him in a warm body of water, and his gut is getting huge! Still nothing has come out and I'm wondering if I should be worried or try something else.

Attachments

• IMG_7538.JPG
    IMG_7538.JPG
    191.9 KB · Views: 140
  • IMG_7541.JPG
    IMG_7541.JPG
    210.7 KB · Views: 141
  • IMG_7540.JPG
    IMG_7540.JPG
    152.5 KB · Views: 171
Are you positive he did not poop and it dried up and you cant find it? Check leaves, sides of branches, in the bottom of pots etc. Sometimes it has a way of hiding! Lol

You can also gently message around his stomach with your thumb and pointer finger to feel for his poop. To make sure he poops you could first try spraying him with some slightly warm water then soaking his back legs and bottom half in slightly warm water, message lightly again to help push the feces backwards. Lastly, if none of that works, give him 1-2 drops of mineral oil orally.

Good to hear that he's eating and drinking....so he should be pooping.
Do you have a substrate? What's the basking temperature? Are the plants real or fake?

Are you positive he did not poop and it dried up and you cant find it? Check leaves, sides of branches, in the bottom of pots etc. Sometimes it has a way of hiding! Lol
I've been looking each time I clean his cage so I haven't seen anything I'll defianetly look again tho!

You can also gently message around his stomach with your thumb and pointer finger to feel for his poop. To make sure he poops you could first try spraying him with some slightly warm water then soaking his back legs and bottom half in slightly warm water, message lightly again to help push the feces backwards. Lastly, if none of that works, give him 1-2 drops of mineral oil orally.
I will try this today thanks so much! Hope it works!

Good to hear that he's eating and drinking....so he should be pooping.
Do you have a substrate? What's the basking temperature? Are the plants real or fake?
I have paper towels at the bottom of the cage and his basking temps are 85-90 degrees, and he has a dracaena plant and three fake pothos vines

Any pieces from the fake plants missing? If he hasn't pooped that could mean impaction. Getting a chunk of plastic could cause a blockage. Give him tons of hydration either way. Look through his cage for things that could have been eaten.
I've checked every inch and no signs of anything eaten or bitten off, i've been giving him 2 drops of mineral oil a day and warm baths still nothing, I gave him two crickets yesterday and haven't been feeding him as often, do you think it could be his supplements? I give him repashy calcium plus and have been reading too much d3 can affect their digestion so could that be it or should I take him to a vet for the possibility of impaction?

Well if he actually hasn't pooped in that long and you didn't possibly miss anything then yeah I would think a vet visit is necessary. I'd feed hornworms as well. What all have you been feeding, can you post a full picture of your cage.

Back
Top Bottom