Chameleon fungal issue?

cassiem263

Hi there. So I have a veiled chameleon who is about 2 years old. On Friday I noticed that he has some odd markings on his skin. I’ve attached a picture so it’ll be easier to see it than try to explain it. One of my neighbors is a vet so I’ve explained the situation to him, and he is trying to figure out what’s wrong (is not an expert on chameleons, but has been a vet for 20+ years). I am also searching for a new exotic reptile vet who may have more experience with chameleons.

In the meantime I have been scratching my head trying to figure out what is wrong. Any ideas? I’m thinking a fungal issue, but I’m really not too sure. Thanks.

74ACB02E-BA66-411B-90E1-A31BE4E6BF48.jpeg

Can you circle or show which marks you're worried about please?

Any changes to how he's acting, etc ...or just the marks that are different?

Last edited:
C6D05C33-3D5F-4839-B747-A45DA5EB08D0.jpeg

Behaviorally he has been too dark too often (besides basking time) I’m not sure if that has anything to do with this issue, but something is definitely wrong.

Can you post a couple more photos of him showing all of him from this side and maybe one from the other side please. Are there similar makes you're concerned bout on the other side?

No I’m only worried about his right side. As I think I mentioned before it doesn’t look like a coloration he’s displaying. It looks like something on his skin.

I think I’m going to try another vet. My neighbor vet hasn’t gotten back to me.

In the meantime I’ve been using vetericyn as I’ve heard people have had success with it. So I hope that starts to clear it up.

Anyway I’ll post more pictures asap.

2% chlorhenxidine Gulconate. Now this is a vet cleaning product that is safe for animals. 2 tablespoons per gallon of water. it is also used directly on skin of dogs and horses for mange, insect bites, foliculitus, scraps etc.. I clean the cage and plants with it. I do not know if u can apply it to cham skin but at least you can disinfect everything in cage properly. i did put it full strength on my arm when i first got it with no reaction. The casque of your boy looks like something is eating it. A really good cham vet is needed here. Also has he gone thru a recent molt?

Back
Top Bottom