chameleon food info

wow how many chams do you have!

Also can anyone suggest what kind of size enclosure is good for a panther, do you have to upgrade the size as you cham grows or can you put a baby into an enclosure large enough to house it when fully grown? also thanks for the tip about the fruit flies!

You should start with a small cage for a baby panther chameleon (around 18" x 18" x 12" or so - different companies have different dimensions) so that they can find their feeders easily and are not overwhelmed with the space of a large cage. Unfortunately, you must upsize to a larger cage as they grow. For adult males I recommend a 48" x 18/24" x 18/24" and for adult females 30" x 30" x 18" at the least.

Pm

Noah, I also sent you a private messge. You can find it on the right hand side of the screen if you scroll down it should say you have 1 or maybe more private messages.

There's no way crickets can get out of Blue's aluminum cage because the screen is so small. I just release about 8-10 crickets usually every two or three days in there. The crickets tend to congregate toward the top of the inside screen walls so when there aren't many up there I put another few in the cage.

I also make sure to put in plenty of cricket food with orange cubes at the base of the ficus tree so crickets that aren't eaten straight away have food in there for them and don't disturb my chameleon.

There's also plenty of roaming silkworms and fruit flies in there for Blue when he wants something different to eat.

thank you shelby. Everybody has really helped. I know now that I can have a Cham. I just need to make sure I have someone to check up on him/her every so often when I'm gone and mum will happily do that she loves lizards of all kinds. I'm soooooooooo happy. Thankyou:D :D :) :) :D :D :) :)

Hi Noah, I have a 5 inch deep feeding cup and the crickets can't jump out or maybe they are just lazy, I put the cricket in the cup and the Cham just eats when he feels hungry. Maybe put a cup with crickets and a cup with worms. Thats what I do when I am gone over night. I found asking all these questions and doing a month or so worth of research and you will know alot more about chams. This forum has helped me alot, every one here is great!!!:D :D :D :D

Good luck, Amy

thanks amy, I've been bugging my mum and she told me this morning that my sister is going to get a rabbit for her birthday, and of course due to fairness she cannot let my sister get a arabbit and me not get a cham! lol *cross fingers*

Back
Top Bottom