Chameleon fish?

Fchamel

Chameleon Enthusiast
I was researching and I came upon a chameleon parrot
1605654099350.png
fish? Has any one heard of these before. I didn't know chameleons were in the sea.

There are loads of colorful fish in saltwater. Cuttlefish remind me most of sea chameleons though. They can change colors within the blink of an eye and use their 2 long tentacles to grab prey.

There are loads of colorful fish in saltwater. Cuttlefish remind me most of sea chameleons though. They can change colors within the blink of an eye and use their 2 long tentacles to grab prey.
Oh wow! Super cool! Thanks! ????

There are many species of parrot fish, and they change colors drastically from when they are born until they are adults, much like our chameleons. Another fascinating fact about them is that at night they spin a mucus membrane around themselves to protect themselves while they are sleeping. If you disturb them while they are in this membrane (night diving and shine your flashlight on them) they will wake up and not be able to produce another membrane until the following night, so they could die. Also, while scuba diving you can hear them crunching on corals, they are so loud! Lastly, they have 2 big front teeth and will sometimes swim by showing those teeth, making them look like cartoon characters!

There are many species of parrot fish, and they change colors drastically from when they are born until they are adults, much like our chameleons. Another fascinating fact about them is that at night they spin a mucus membrane around themselves to protect themselves while they are sleeping. If you disturb them while they are in this membrane (night diving and shine your flashlight on them) they will wake up and not be able to produce another membrane until the following night, so they could die. Also, while scuba diving you can hear them crunching on corals, they are so loud! Lastly, they have 2 big front teeth and will sometimes swim by showing those teeth, making them look like cartoon characters!
Oh wow! Super cool info! Thanks! ? (y)

My son watches this kids show talking about sea animals and the parrot fish was on a episode. If I remember right I think the eat rocks and poop out sand

As I'm sure you know, angelfish do this too, so cool! The jueveniles look like entirely different fish

ser·en·dip·i·ty
/ˌserənˈdipədē/
noun

1. the occurrence and development of events by chance in a happy or beneficial way.
    "a fortunate stroke of serendipity"

Building on my earlier post about cephalopods...

While I was having lunch, I booted up YouTube on Roku (as I usually do while having lunch) and this popped up. It runs about 20 minutes, every one of which I found fascinating.

There's also a YT channel called Octolab TV that my Missus has been kinda hooked on for about a year...

Yep - they eat the coral and poop out sand. You can watch them doing it too, they poop A LOT! Wrasses also drastically change color from the time they are young until they are fully grown. My favorite thing about the parrotfish is their tiny little pectoral fins that just flap madly as they swim about.

Yep - they eat the coral and poop out sand. You can watch them doing it too, they poop A LOT! Wrasses also drastically change color from the time they are young until they are fully grown. My favorite thing about the parrotfish is their tiny little pectoral fins that just flap madly as they swim about.
Absolutely amazing life is! ???

I've seen several octopuses in the wild and they never cease to amaze me. Some are in rocks and you only notice them breathing as you swim over them. Others are out and about, changing both colors and textures so quickly that you head swims. I have seen one ink once and that was actually the first one I'd ever seen, making it a memorable experience. I used to like eating them, but once I started scuba diving I gave it up because they are just SO intelligent!

Back
Top Bottom