Chameleon female 6 months

Chazza

Hi
I have a 6 month old chameleon and was told she was a female! However I have also been told that females do not have Michael colour however my Cham is very brightly colored!
Can you advise how old a veiled Cham would be to lay eggs so that I can be sure if she is a she? Thanks!

Hope this picture helps!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    249.9 KB · Views: 125
She is very friendly alway eats of my hand and happily climb on me, but I am a bit worried about her laying eggs or if she is in fact a male any differences in the way I should be looking after my Cham!

in veileds the babies start out all just as colorful. you can tell in veileds if it is male or female by the back feet. with a male, it will have a spur on the back of its heel on its back feet. females do not have a spur. ill attach a pic of a males foot showing the spur

if you are unsure if you see a spur or not, take a pic of your chams back foot from this angle and post it on this thread and we can tell you :)
females can lay eggs generally from 6 months and up, it really depends on their size they can reach the size to start producing eggs around six months old

Attachments

• male veiled spur.gif
    male veiled spur.gif
    41.3 KB · Views: 94
You have a female.
She looks she could be carrying eggs, so get a laying bin in the cage as ReptileLove18 mentioned.

Back
Top Bottom