Chameleon Eyes Shut!!

chamillionaire

I recentley purchased a veiled cham. I have her for 3 weeks. The owner said it was male but i dont see spurs! Her appetite has been up to 10 crix a day and she has been rather active at hunting and basking. This past week i noticed her rubbing her eye on a stick....she then shed. Her eye seemed to still bother her she kept it shut and would rub it....it was bulging. i took her to the vet and got were she recieved a shot and a cream for the eye....now she has both eyes closed and wont move much! i have been spraying her alot lately and her humity is at about 55% with a Repti 5.0 and a basking light at 84 degrees. she also has a waterfall. i feed gut loaded crix and offer collard greens but she dosent eat the greens. she hasnt opened her eyes much at ALL today to feed. Is she dehydrated?? how can i hydrate her quickly....i am also keeping a dish of water in her aquarium with calcium bone aid sand substate. PLEASE HELP

Hello chamillionaire, welcome to the Chameleon Forums

Her appetite has been up to 10 crix a day and she has been rather active at hunting and basking.
What about her drinking habits? Do you see her drinking?

i took her to the vet and got were she recieved a shot and a cream for the eye
What was the diagnosis? The diagnosis is very important. What kind of shot was given?

The waterfall and dish are a bad idea ... they are great catalysts for bacteria. Aquariums are also not recommended. How old is the chameleon? Your basking temperature might be too low.

Chamillionaire

OK thanks for your help guys....i took the water fall out today and got her humidity up to 70%....i picked her up and moved her to her basking spot this morning she has moved around a bit but still isnt opening eyes. i sprayed her down a little this morning after she got warmed up....she was very cold when i picked her up this morning. I have actually bottle feed her with water the past few days b/c i havent seen her drinking....except once from the waterfall! Im not to sure how old she is but i think its clear that she is suffering from dehydration. Any tips on helping her recover to quickly hydrated would be appreciated.

If her eyes are still closed, then I would take her to the Vet, ASAP. You can try putting her in the shower, but I'm not to sure how big she is, and she may drown if she is too small.

same thing

the same thing happing to me with me. his eye gets very big i just clean it out with a qtip works on and off. clean the tank

Thanks Guys

Thanks for all your help! I woke up today and turned his lights on....both eyes were open! I unleashed 5 dusted crix and the ATTACKED 4 in a row. His eyes are full and healthy. I hydrated him heavily yesterday and it seems that he is recovering from his previous state. I still may take him to the vet depending on his behavior today but i think he is do much better. He probablly wouldnt have made it without help from your posts.
Thanks alot

Back
Top Bottom