Chameleon eye not opening

kanahthe1st

alright i have a 8 month old panther and ive noticed he justdosent seem to be opening one of eyes i hated to stress him out but i tried poking that side to see if he would open that eye and he wouldnt. he did only once but closed it right away its not swollen everything like huminty levels are all good any idea should i go to a vet?

yes!!! or you can go to screameleons vincent is the breeder and he is a expert on panthers its all he breeds and he love this species really nice quick to respond and you get the answers you need. do it!!

go too screammeleons.com

How long have you had it?
What brand and type (compact, spiral, long linear) of UVB light are you using?
What supplements are you specifically using and how often for each?

alright thankyou i will ask the screamelions guy also right now im using zoo med long tube bulb and using repti cal both the pink and blue and i put the supplements on every time i feed 1 pinch of blue 2 pinches of pink idoes that help and i have had it since the beggining of febuary

alright thankyou i will ask the screamelions guy also right now im using zoo med long tube bulb and using repti cal both the pink and blue and i put the supplements on every time i feed 1 pinch of blue 2 pinches of pink idoes that help and i have had it since the beggining of febuary
You mean repcal? If so the pink is calcium with d3 and the blue is herptivitie which is a multivitamin. If that is the case you need to get a PLAIn calcium and dust your feeders with that one at every feeding and the other two use twice a month. Not sure if that has anything or not to do with the eye issue. But you are overloading on d3 and the multi for sure if that is the brand you are using.

Have you tryed a shower. He may have something stuck in his eye. I dont know its worth a short. If not then you may need a vet visit.

alright well the calcium thing i think it shouldnt be effecting his eye sice my girl kita is fine so just regular calcium? is there a good brand i should try
a shower you just think i should mist him for a longer period of time or is there a certain technique for this 'shower'

Back
Top Bottom