Chameleon Eye Issues

WazerWifle

Hello, I am new to this website but came here to join the community and to ask a question/questions that I had no results in solving. I have a Female Veiled Chameleon about the age of 5 to 6 months old, got her about a month ago. A couple weeks ago I noticed a small bulge located near/in front of her right eye, luckily it stopped growing in size. Recently I found a bulge growing from her left eye but it very tiny at this time. Both bulges don't seem to obstruct her view and aren't too big but I have no idea what they are. Ive done quite a lot of research about chameleons but no where have I read about that. As of right now that is my main concern.

On the other hand, I also have questions about uvb as I have read that a Reptisun 5.0 cylindrical tube isn't enough for veiled chameleons. Should I get a 10.0? I dust her crickets with calcium w/o D3 every day and with d3 every other week. I also dust with vitamins every other week as well. I mist about 3 times a day and she has a water dripped to provide a water source. I keep a water dish on the bottom to collect the water from the dripper but I found that she sometimes drinks water from there too which I heard is rare or something of that sort. She is currently in a Reptizoo medium which is a 16inx16inx32in which I plan on upgrading once she is a year old. I could provide pictures and more details if necessary but might need help because I am new to this website.

I hop it helps! I also hope that you got out of that thread that it is not just one thing, but rather everything done correctly that helps eye health and everything wrong that hinders eye health!

Hello, I am new to this website but came here to join the community and to ask a question/questions that I had no results in solving. I have a Female Veiled Chameleon about the age of 5 to 6 months old, got her about a month ago. A couple weeks ago I noticed a small bulge located near/in front of her right eye, luckily it stopped growing in size. Recently I found a bulge growing from her left eye but it very tiny at this time. Both bulges don't seem to obstruct her view and aren't too big but I have no idea what they are. Ive done quite a lot of research about chameleons but no where have I read about that. As of right now that is my main concern.

On the other hand, I also have questions about uvb as I have read that a Reptisun 5.0 cylindrical tube isn't enough for veiled chameleons. Should I get a 10.0? I dust her crickets with calcium w/o D3 every day and with d3 every other week. I also dust with vitamins every other week as well. I mist about 3 times a day and she has a water dripped to provide a water source. I keep a water dish on the bottom to collect the water from the dripper but I found that she sometimes drinks water from there too which I heard is rare or something of that sort. She is currently in a Reptizoo medium which is a 16inx16inx32in which I plan on upgrading once she is a year old. I could provide pictures and more details if necessary but might need help because I am new to this website.
The 5.0 is enough but the the linear UVBs far superior to the CFLs.

You need to find a way to prevent her from drinking from that bowl, it is the equivalent of you drinking from a toilet and will get her sick, no question about it.

Your enclosure is far too small, it needs to be upgraded ASAP.

I’m glad you got your answers but would you mind still posting the pics of both eyes so future keepers can reference this thread? Someone could come along years from now and read this, you never know who it could help...
Sure thing, I just need to figure out how to post pictures on here.

The 5.0 is enough but the the linear UVBs far superior to the CFLs.

You need to find a way to prevent her from drinking from that bowl, it is the equivalent of you drinking from a toilet and will get her sick, no question about it.

Your enclosure is far too small, it needs to be upgraded ASAP.
Oh thank you for clarifying that, I was getting confused with all the things I was hearing from different people.

For the water dish that I switch out everyday I plan on attaching a screen mesh as a lid so that the water can go through and so that my chameleon isn't able to get the water inside.

I was planning on building a new enclosure. As soon as I buy the materials I will get to work on it.

Thank you for the response, this really helps!

Right Eye.jpg
Left Eye.jpg
Frontal View.jpg
Sure thing, I just need to figure out how to post pictures on here.
Here are the pictures, hope they load.

Back
Top Bottom