Chameleon eye closing

I still do not think it is vitamin A issue. I would keep him on 2 times a month for the reptivite. I think he may very well have something in the turret bothering it.

In grams he is running about 150. Which on average is not bad if he is a longer chameleon. If he is only around 15 inches total then he is running about 20 grams heavy.

I still do not think it is vitamin A issue. I would keep him on 2 times a month for the reptivite. I think he may very well have something in the turret bothering it.

In grams he is running about 150. Which on average is not bad if he is a longer chameleon. If he is only around 15 inches total then he is running about 20 grams heavy.
The vet already did a a dye scan and flushed his eye out and there wasn’t anything. But today and last night he’s been opening his eye more not fully open but it’s progress. Today in the morning when I put his prescribed eye drops I noticed he started sucking in his eye in and out, at one point it even bulged out pretty far for a second. He has a recheck up this Saturday at the exotic vet, so hopefully they’re able to do something this time. I’m two appointments and $450 in with no real progress towards his eye.

I put his prescribed eye drops I noticed he started sucking in his eye in and out, at one point it even bulged out pretty far for a second.
They do this when cleaning the eye....

Did the vet run blood work to see if anything was off? If he has an infection going then antibiotics are usually given to treat the actual problem rather than a topical.

Unfortunately these guys get really expensive when it comes to vet treatment. The more you can do to get his enclosure perfect along with husbandry the less risk you have of something running a muck health wise.

They do this when cleaning the eye....

Did the vet run blood work to see if anything was off? If he has an infection going then antibiotics are usually given to treat the actual problem rather than a topical.

Unfortunately these guys get really expensive when it comes to vet treatment. The more you can do to get his enclosure perfect along with husbandry the less risk you have of something running a muck health wise.
Could you recommend a website or link to stores that sell vines, petco and PetSmart don’t really have any good ones. And I couldn’t find any on Amazon

Also for his vitamins I give him calcium without D3 for every feeding and recently, reprivatice with D3 twice a month. But recently I started giving him 1 time a week just in case it’s a vitamin A deficiency. I honestly don’t know what the problem could be.

Could you recommend a website or link to stores that sell vines, petco and PetSmart don’t really have any good ones. And I couldn’t find any on Amazon
I found mine on amazon Screenshot_20230805_013316_Amazon Shopping.jpg

Back
Top Bottom