Chameleon Exercise

What are some fun activities or exercises I could do with my chameleon or some things to get for my chameleon so he can get his recess/workout every now and then?

Exploring his enclosure and hunting food is about the only exercise they need.
Chameleons aren't really social reptiles like bearded dragons; they're more for just looking at and leaving alone. Some people do build a trust relationship—which takes time and patience—but handling is still kept to a minimum and infrequent. If you have some large houseplants near the enclosure, your cham may occasionally like to sit on them and explore or just hang out, but that's usually the extent of it.

Exploring his enclosure and hunting food is about the only exercise they need.
Chameleons aren't really social reptiles like bearded dragons; they're more for just looking at and leaving alone. Some people do build a trust relationship—which takes time and patience—but handling is still kept to a minimum and infrequent. If you have some large houseplants near the enclosure, your cham may occasionally like to sit on them and explore or just hang out, but that's usually the extent of it.
Thats incorrect...
Ive got a weight set for my cham, he lifts for 2 hours a day 6 days a week and he handles his cardio on his off day

What are some fun activities or exercises I could do with my chameleon or some things to get for my chameleon so he can get his recess/workout every now and then?
The best kind of stimulation you can give your Cham is natural hunting behavior. Try getting some black soldier fly larva, allowing them to pupate into flies, and then releasing the flies. Also, fruit flies, blue bottle flies and hawk moths (the adult form of horn worms) will really stimulate your Cham. Once a week you could offer these kinds of flying insects to really drive your Cham wild.

We once had a hamster with arms like Arnold Schwarzenegger. She'd get on top of her exercise wheel and lift the screened top off the enclosure & escape. So we put a book on the lid... and then 2 books... and then a brick. That slowed her down some, but she wound up with these HUGE hamster arms.

Another way to ‘shake things up’ a bit for your chameleon is to create a free range area outside of his/her enclosure. Pretty much create an area with some live plants, preferably ones with vines, bushes or trees and lots of branches. Some keepers even set one up in front of a window so their cham has a view.

Back
Top Bottom