Chameleon Eggs

Rae-Button

Hi!
I have a female veiled chameleon and she's been carrying her eggs for a long while now but my vet doesn't seem concerned but im very concerned.
I was wondering typically how long does a chameleon carry their eggs before they lay them?

Thanks!

what he said.jpg

@Fchamel
I do, she has laid one clutch before (with a lot of struggling, egg bound and needed to be put on medicine and pain meds). With that last clutch, she immediately had a second clutch starting though. Which is what im working with rn.

@Fchamel
I do, she has laid one clutch before (with a lot of struggling, egg bound and needed to be put on medicine and pain meds). With that last clutch, she immediately had a second clutch starting though. Which is what im working with rn.
Okay, that does sound concerning because she was egg bound. Make sure that doesn't happen again. Sounds like she is having pretty close clutches.

I'm trying my hardest to keep her from going down that road again. I kept up with her pure calcium and ADE but I dont know if its working. She was digging a couple weeks back but now she hangs out at the top. Its almost at the point that I don't know if she will even lay as she seems to have no interest in it. I'm worried that she's started to make a third clutch with her second clutch still in there.

Will the eggs start to decompose inside of her if she doesn't lay them?

I'm trying my hardest to keep her from going down that road again. I kept up with her pure calcium and ADE but I dont know if its working. She was digging a couple weeks back but now she hangs out at the top. Its almost at the point that I don't know if she will even lay as she seems to have no interest in it. I'm worried that she's started to make a third clutch with her second clutch still in there.

Will the eggs start to decompose inside of her if she doesn't lay them?
So she may dig trial holes until she finds the ones she likes. I would take her back to the vet. If you notice she IS laying or continuing to dig, then post bag here, and Ill tag some peeps to help.

When was her previous clutch and how many eggs did she lay then?

Previous clutch was 59 (I think) laid Nov 19, 2019. She had the second clutch already started by the time I went to the vet Nov 28, 2019. The second clutch still hasn't come out since then.

That's a big clutch.

How much do you feed her in a week?

She should have laid the next clutch in mid March....unless you controlled her diet after the November clutch?

That's a big clutch.

How much do you feed her in a week?

She should have laid the next clutch in mid March....unless you controlled her diet after the November clutch?

I was informed to feed her 5-10 crickets a day. So I did, but I have been informed to cut back to a couple crickets every few days though.
I did not control her diet as I didn't want to mess up anything.

Do you have photos?
When was the last time you went to/spoke with your vet?

I dont have any recent photos of my girl, no.
I spoke to them yesterday and they weren't concerned. Then again they wanted me to put her down when they learned she was having pain when she was egg bound.

Back
Top Bottom