Chameleon egg laying

Hmm. Okay. So, if I'm reading this correctly, I feed her quite a few insects at first, but then gradually move it down to 3-4? Are we feeding her 3-4 a day or 3-4 a week or more?
After she lays her eggs and you’ve fed her well for a few days to help her rebuild her strength, you’ll want to feed her 3 days per week, 3-4 buggies at each feeding.

@MissSkittles Do you have a suggestion for what to get for the humidifier? Or is it something that's fairly easy to obtain? Sorry for all of the questions! 😓
You can just get a cool mist humidifier that’s meant for human use. There are some really nice ones geared more towards reptiles but those are a bit pricier. Just make sure there’s a way to angle the mist flow towards the enclosure.

Hmm. Okay. So, if I'm reading this correctly, I feed her quite a few insects at first, but then gradually move it down to 3-4? Are we feeding her 3-4 a day or 3-4 a week or more?
Not exactly. After she lays her eggs feed her well for a couple of days....no more than that. Then cut her back to 3 or 4 insects 2 or 3 times a week....and keep her basking temperature at 80F this should lower the number of eggs or even cut the egg laying out altogether... although it can take a couple of clutches to get to a low number or cut it out completely.

Back
Top Bottom