Chameleon doesnt want crickets

Toroumi

My panther chameleon doesn't seem to have any interest in eating crickets at all and im wondering if he can be fed any other staple food

What would u say are the best foods to feed the roaches and silkworms to gut load them thanks for the info :D

What would u say are the best foods to feed the roaches and silkworms to gut load them thanks for the info :D

Youll. Have to search the forum for silkworms but the dubias are easier they have powder roach food you can buy online. I just stater my own mini colony of dubia.. my first attempt . Hope it goes well

Youll. Have to search the forum for silkworms but the dubias are easier they have powder roach food you can buy online. I just stater my own mini colony of dubia.. my first attempt . Hope it goes well
I agree with Char, Dubai’s are very resilient and easy to care for. Easy to gutloaded. Try Cricket crack as a gutload.

did he ever like crickets?

I use only fruits and veggies (and a little rabbit food) as gutload / food. Wal-Mart carrots are only $.50 a pound for the big uglies and make a great base. I feed bananas a lot as well. Cheap and nutritious. Apple cores, veggie scraps, half rotten or extra veggies from neighbors gardens and dandelion leaves are free. As a note, old school was to feed roaches dog food. It will work but a lot of research shows that some kind of acid builds up in the bugs that's no good for chams. For added protein use alfalfa or rabbit food in their feed.

Black soldier flies are excellent. If you invest $60 in a wine fridge you can buy larvae in bulk and save. I feed the flies because they are easier than the larvae. I would recommend looking into orange head roaches. Many panthers will eventually get bored with dubias but OH are brighter and faster moving. Seem to be about as productive but take a longer to get going at first.

Superworms make a great secondary food... Like maybe 20% of the diet. Cheap, easy and easy to gutload. They always seem to get the chams attention.

Back
Top Bottom