Chameleon doesn't like to hang out under uv light

So I am very pleased with my free range setup except for one thing: my Jackson doesn't like hanging out near the uv light even though there are several ideal spots to hang out underneath it. His favorite place sits about 2 feet below light slightly blockrd by fake leaves. Should I be concerned ? I supposed I could move the light toward the middle of the setup but wouldn't be ideal . Would it help if I got a 10.0 bulb? I bring him outside 3 times a week to help with uv exposure. Your thoughts ? Thank you so much! I want yoshi as healthy as possible!

Free ranging is fantastic and I believe very healthy for your Cham. I started free ranging my Chams and never looked back. Currently I free range my male and female Panthers but the first Cham I ever free ranged was male Jackson, Triton and he lived a long healthy life...almost 8 years. I love Jacksons!
Posting a pick of your free range would be helpful.
If you aim your heat light and your UVB light at the same spot your Cham basks in he will go to get warm and bask and by doing this he'll also get UVB at the same time. I use a 10.0 UVB compact and a 75 Watt halogen aimed at the exact same spot as they basking spot so my chams have no choice but to get UVB when they are basking. Hope this helps.

My veiled only sits under her uvb bulbs about 1 1/2 hrs in morning and about the same at night however during the day she sits in real sun through the screened window next to her free range. Is your setup similarly close to a window you could open during the day for real sun?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom