Chameleon digging

Lacie_cham

Hi so I came home today and my chameleon was asleep in her plant pot with dirt around her. I’m really concerned and scared because I heard they weren’t supposed to be digging or on the ground. She was a light green color and her eyes were closed. Her tail was holding on to the pot. And I picked her up to make sure she was still alive. I put her higher up and she climbed back down and started digging again.

Don’t disturb her when she’s digging and don’t let her see you watching her when she’s digging. She might abandon the hole and not lay the eggs and become eggbound.

She obviously likes the pot soil better than the other substrate you have in the cage.

Let’s hope she can lay the eggs and covers the hole up properly.
once she has, and has returned to the branches, you should dig up the eggs to see how many she laid….but make sure she’s done first…there’s no big rush to dig them up.

What species is she? Many species can lay eggs without mating…just like chickens do.

Depending on how many eggs she has laid, you may need to put her on the “diet” we recommend and lower her temperatures to prevent her from laying too many eggs and having reproductive issues.

What species is she? Many species can lay eggs without mating…just like chickens do.

Depending on how many eggs she has laid, you may need to put her on the “diet” we recommend and lower her temperatures to prevent her from laying too many eggs and having reproductive issues.
She is a female veiled chameleon this is what she looks like
C2BBBB0E-97F2-4229-816C-FC0BA6A4343F.jpeg
BDD912A6-3031-4475-AC07-51D2AFFC8370.jpeg
this is her right now
image.jpg

Back
Top Bottom